Chapter 23

"Sera, you're here! Come closer, my dear. I miss you so much!"

"Mom, are we adopted?"

"Do you even miss us?"

"This is so cruel."

"I knew this will certainly happen."

Felly ignored the continuous grumbled of her sons and continued hovering around Sera who visited their place just now. Sera is already used to their mother's antic so she also ignored the two and asked Felly about her business trip. But in all honesty, Sera does not need to ask her about it. Felly's healthy and blooming face is enough for her to tell that she had a good time while working abroad.

Felly Myein, Asher and Aster's mother, is a female alpha who raised her children well. When her husband died, she did not try to find another mate and focused on raising her children. Being a working parent while raising a pair of twins is not an easy job. But Felly managed to do it and now her children grew up as excellent and good people.

Surprisingly for Sera, Felly and her mother were old friends. Her mother, Katerina, told her that Felly was her classmate in college. They just lost contact after their graduation and became busy with their own jobs. And when they moved into this building, it was a pure coincidence that they became neighbors and got reunited.

"I bought a lot of souvenirs and gifts for you, Sera. I also want you to try a dress I bought for you. I am pretty sure you are going to be more beautiful once you wear it." Felly excitedly said.

"Auntie, you should not have bothered to buy me a gift. A bar of chocolate is already enough for me." Sera helplessly said.

"That won't do. I certainly need to buy you a lot of gifts. But don't worry, I also bought a bag of chocolates for you since I know how much you like that sweet stuff."

"How about us, mom? Where are our gifts?"

"How about the shoes I asked you to buy for me?"

The smiling face of Felly while looking at Sera has changed into a frown when she turned around to look at her complaining sons.

"These stinky wolves... Aren't I send extra money to your accounts? What gifts are you two asking from me now?" Felly asked her son with a stern face.

"Mom, gifts and money are two different things." Asher complained.

"Asher is right, mom. We cannot feel your sincerity through the money you send in our bank accounts." Aster whined beside his twin brother.
"These two... What are you? Five? I sent extra money to your accounts so you two can personally buy the things you want. I learned my lesson the last time I bought gifts for you two."

"But that was different, mom! The things you bought for us are too embarrassing!"

"Yeah! I will never wear that twinning shirt you bought for us ever!"

The look on the twin's faces is enough to show how much they hate the shirts their mother has bought for them. Last year, their mom had also gone on a long business trip. When she came back, Felly gave Asher and Aster their gifts.

At first, the twins were ecstatic to receive a gift. They even made a few guess what are the item inside the box. Asher guessed for a new gadget while Aster thinks it will be round trip tickets abroad. But when they opened the boxes, their excited faces has turned into a pair of horrified looks.

Inside the boxes are a pair of shirts that has a glow in the dark prints on them. On Asher's shirt, the words 'The Best Big Brother' are printed on it while 'The Best Little Brother' is printed on Aster's shirt. The glow-in-the-dark prints are so lively and obvious that you can see those words even if you are standing a few meters away from them. As expected of the twin's reactions, they quickly put the hideous shirts inside the boxes and complained loudly at their mother.