Chapter 50

It is funny to think that Sera can easily befriend him. In truth, Tori is an alpha that is hard to get along with. He only likes to pretend as if he cares for others too. His affection and attention are only limited to those people he permits to get in his inner circle.

He just looks approachable because of his attractive look and his sweet scent that can easily fool the others. But he does not want to be a complete jerk to others. He is still entertaining the idea of befriending the people around him. But that's it. Befriending another person and including another person in his inner circle are two different things for him.

But this female alpha is different.

She easily befriends him and makes him consider putting her in his inner circle. He feels like this female alpha put him under a spell that makes him feel so attached to her. And since Sera is now a part of his pack, Tori will naturally worry for her.

Meeting Seraphine is just a coincidence. But choosing to be with her is a choice. Perhaps it is because this female alpha is the one destined for him.

"Seraphine Parr... What a special existence you are." Tori whispered to the sleeping alpha before rubbing his nose with hers. "You are too special to make me do these things for you."

When Sera scrunched her face, Tori let out a chuckle before fixing the jacket around her. While doing it, Tori is trying to ignore the unpleasant scent that he can smell from the outside. To avoid making Sera feel uncomfortable about it, Tori released more of his sweet scent. This made Sera be covered on his own scent.

To be honest, it is not a bad feeling to have someone covered with your own scent. It really makes Tori more protective and possessive towards Sera. It also feels like she really belongs to him. Tori flattened the frown on her face by gently running his fingers through her forehead.

The more Tori touches Sera, the more he can smell the acidic scent of vanilla near them. Tori clicked his tongue and try his best to ignore it. His priority is to make Sera more comfortable and to have a lot of rest today. The female alpha looks so tired. What she needs right now is rest and not to deal with the other alpha's anger.

"Jealousy is really an ugly thing that can be seen from an alpha." Tori commented to no one. "Even their scents turned foul and sour in one's nose."

Asher Myein.

Tori knows him because they got a chance to be acquainted during their sophomore years. They were seatmates in one of his subjects. Although they cannot be considered friends, they are still greeting each other if they coincidentally meet each other. And besides, he thinks most of the students know this alpha.

Everyone knows that Asher Myein is the crowd's favorite. It is because of his confident and flashy personality. He is that one person considered as the light of the party. Aside from being the captain of the volleyball team, he is also known for his good looks and charisma.

Although Tori is also popular in their school, he thinks Asher Myein is more popular than him. It is because Myein is a very welcoming person to those who want to be his friends unlike him who is picky on who to become friends with. But that is more than alright for Tori. The more he hog the attention, the more people will stop noticing him.

But the most famous rumors that Tori heard on their campus in the overprotectiveness of Asher Myein towards Seraphine Parr. People said they should not approach Seraphine Parr if Asher Myein is nearby. Or else, they will feel the male alpha's ferociousness. It is also said Asher Myein has taken Seraphine Parr as a part of his pack since they grow up together like real siblings.

'Siblings, my ass.'

In just one look, Tori can easily tell that Asher Myein has never treated Seraphine Parr as his siblings. He sometimes see them together in the cafeteria before. He knows that the thing that Asher Myein can see is Seraphine Parr with the way he looks at her. Tori can see that Myein is too in love with the female alpha. Not to mention, he is very possessive of her.

Too bad, that female alpha is not his soulmate.

Tori has seen Myein's soulmate marks a lot of times before. It is not like he is making an effort to hide in any way. The vivid colors of his soulmate marks are always visible in every shirt he wears every day. But unfortunately for him, Sera does not have a soulmate mark similar to him.

Soon, two more scents joined the acrid vanilla in the air. But these two do not show any animosity or anger in their scents. It is more like they are concerned about the alpha who is dying in jealousy and madness outside the music room. He can guess that one of them is Asher Myein's twin brother.
After a few more minutes, Tori heard a metal sound clashing on a concrete wall before the burnt vanilla scent he can smell is slowly disappearing in the air. It seems like they finally decided to leave them alone. Tori can only let out a sigh before staring at the sleeping beauty in his arms.

Sooner or later, Asher Myein will surely confront him. Tori already have a few ideas on the things the other male alpha wants to ask from him. Showing his fangs against him is the worst-case scenario that can happen between them later. But as much as possible, Tori wants to deal with him in peace.

"You must be really tired if you did not wake up despite having that irritating scent lingering around us just a few minutes ago." Tori commented although he knows Sera will not answer him back.

While still holding Sera in his arms, Tori's phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket. Upon checking on it, he smiles wryly to himself seeing their coach's phone number flashing on his screen. Their coach must be angry at him since he is not in the gym and practicing his long shots.

"The things that I can sacrifice for you are too big, Seraphine Parr." Tori helplessly said before letting out a long sigh.

Tori ignored his coach's call and when his phone finally stops ringing, he sent him a quick message saying he will still attend half of their practice later. Then, he put his phone in silent mode so even the vibration of his phone will not disturb Sera's sleep. After that, he stares at the female alpha's face one more time.

A small face with long eyelashes, heart-shaped lips, sharp nose, rosy cheeks, a pair of bright eyes that turn into beautiful curves when smiling, and a cute dimple that secretly appears on her cheeks when she moves her lips. Her long hair is also as soft as silk and it really feels good to touch. She also has smooth skin that has a pinkish-white color. If he did not know better, Tori will think that Sera is a glass doll that becomes alive.

"You are indeed beautiful, Seraphine." Tori softly said. "You are not going to get mad at me if I ask for a small compensation from you. Right?"

With a small smile on his lips, Tori lowered his head and kiss Sera on her cheek. When the female alpha did not move, Tori did the same thing on her other cheek. Soon, he gets bolder and he put a gentle kiss at the left corner of her lips. That made Sera stir in her sleep but not enough to wake her up.

"I think that is enough for now." Tori said to himself. "Well, it will be better if you are going to kiss me on your own decision though."

And as usual, the female alpha is in her deep slumber and still unaware of the things that are happening around her.