Chapter 38

After the small incident that happened in the horror house, Sera and Asher still continued looking around the amusement park. There is only one thing that changed in their plans. Asher never let Sera to wander around.

He is always keeping their distance short to avoid losing Sera in the crowd again. Asher contemplated holding Sera in her wrist but he quickly dismissed that thought. He does not want to make her feel uncomfortable. Not to mention, they are in public and there is a chance that someone who knows their faces can see them.
Asher is acting as if nothing happened and everything is normal. But with Sera's observant eyes, she quickly noticed the sudden change in Asher's mood. In truth, she actually does not mind his attempt to keep their distance short. But Sera did not say anything and continued acting as if she has no idea about his sudden closeness.

Just like in every cliche romance story, Asher and Sera ride the Ferris Wheel last. Asher obviously teased her about it but Sera did not pay attention to him. It is already seven in the evening and she wants to see the colorful lights of the amusement park from above.

"What's so exciting about it anyway? It is not like you haven't seen the city lights from your window." Asher said when Sera mentioned to him the pretty lights around the amusement park.

"You really have no sense of creativity, Ash." Sera said with a sigh.

"What? I am just telling the truth!"

"Yeah, sure." Sera said. She does not want to dwell too much on their current topic. "By the way, you lost."

"Huh?"

"You screamed in the horror house, remember? That means I win our bet!" Sera cheerfully said.

Asher opens his mouth to refute but he cannot say a word. With a huff, Asher closed his mouth again and crossed his arms. He mumbled a few words but Sera cannot clearly hear it.
"What did you say?" Sera asked.

"I said you only won out bet because you suddenly disappeared!" Asher grumbly replied.

"Aww. Why? Is Asher Myein scared that I will someday disappear from your sight?" Sera said in a teasing voice.

She intends to lighten up the atmosphere around them. She thought Asher will deny her words and they will start bickering again. But Sera was caught off guard when Asher answered her question in a serious manner.

"Yes. I am scared to lose you. I do not want to entertain the idea that you will suddenly disappear from my life either. That will hurt me so much."

Sera cannot see the usual teasing look on Asher's face. His eyes are focused on her as if he is a predator eyeing his prey. That kind of look secretly sends a shiver on Sera's spine. Even her inner wolf can feel the intensity of his gazes towards them.
The two of them stare at each other's eyes. They ignored the buzzing sound signaling that the Ferris Wheel start to move. Soon, it was Sera who first avoided his eyes. She decided to focus her gaze on the windows instead.

Sera can still feel the intense gazes Asher is giving to her. But all she can do is ignore it. They had already got into this kind of situation many times before. Sera just need to let him collect his thoughts in silence and they will be back to normal again.
When the Ferris Wheel finally stopped and they get out of its gondola, Sera suggests that they should go home now. While walking to the parking lot, Asher received a text message from his mother. His mother just informed him that she will go home late today because they will have a company dinner tonight. Asher quickly typed a reply to his mother before putting his phone back inside his pocket.

Asher is quietly driving the car while Sera is sitting in the passenger seat. No one is speaking a word. Sera is only watching the scenery from the car window while her head is resting on her palm.