5

---<3---

---<3---

A few days later, Evelyn sat in her chair in her small office, staring down at a file. As always, life had been going on since she last was in the MC territory. Wilson has been a pain in the ass, but other than that, Evelyn thought everything had been running smoothly. As she drank a sip from the coffee she had got herself while chatting with James, she read the file in her hand.

While Evelyn sat in her office, the rest of the police department swarmed with officers and detectives looking like bees in their beehive. Some were chatting, others were focused on their tasks. Inside one of the offices sat Evelyn's boss with a file in hand. He sight while thinking about who he would send on the mission he had in his hand. Wilson, who sat in front of his boss, looked like he were ready to scream any minute. Wilson was an arrogant man who didn't like that his boss was second-guessing him right now.

"With all due respect, the higher-ups want ME on that mission," Wilson said, irritated while staring at his boss, the detective had his arms crossed like a kid angry at his parents. His boss ignored the man while thinking about the best of the mission. The chief of the police, Mr Nelson, knew how arrogant detective Wilson was but did also know how much the higher-ups liked him. Mr Nelson, on the other hand, thought he was too impulsive and considering how he reacted the other day he didn't see him fitting the mission.

"I'm sorry but I can't give this to you," Nelson said, leaning back in his chair and looking into his detective's eyes. Wilson snorted and stared at his chief irritated. Nelson knew the man wouldn't give up without a fight.

"I am the most experienced detective in this department, the higher-ups want me there, and you tell me I'm not going," Wilson said almost mockingly. Nelson didn't even show the man the irritation he felt because he knew the only way of dealing with him would be to slowly break things down for him.

"Detective, I recommend you remember your place in this department, I am the chef, and that means choosing who of you do what, and I see detective Maxwell as a more suitable detective for the job," Nelson said as professionally as he could before continuing.

"The way you handled the mc leader the other day was embarrassing, and I can't give you another chance of embarrassing me and the rest of the polices in here at the moment, that's why I will give the mission to detective Maxwell," Nelson said and stood up with a final look on his aged face. Mr Nelson saw how a lot of emotion ran through Wilson's face but couldn't feel more satisfied by refusing the man the mission, calling it a punishment or whatever, but Mr Nelson thought the man deserved it after how poorly he reacted in the case.

"You will regret this," Wilson said to his boss when he understood what his boss did. Wilson was angry that he was being punished because of a few criminals.

"Sure," Nelson said. He walked over to the office door and pushed it open, he wished that he could fire the arrogant idiot from his department, but the higher-ups had placed him here, and the chief couldn't do anything about it now. Wilson huffed and rushed out of the room, fuming with anger as he pushed policies away from his path. Nelson looked after the fuming detective knowing that he just made an enemy. James looked over at his boss, seeing the concern swarming around his eyes.