22

--<3--

--<3--

Two days after the incident at the hospital, Evelyn sat in a packed van wondering why the hell she agreed to this. Woman around the van was chatting and laughing as Evelyn sat in the middle of Athena and Vic. She needed to remind herself that she did it because of work and nothing else. The day had come when a part of the sirens travelled into the local mall for their joined shopping spree. Evelyn had never had anything against shopping but hadn't signed up for anything like this.

"Isn't it going to be so much fun, Evelyn?" Vic asked excitedly as she clapped her hands together. Athena who sat on the other side of Evelyn gave up a muffled laugh knowing exactly how it felt going on a trip like this for the first time.

"Yeah very," Evelyn said without any enthusiasm at all. Vic heard this and rolled her eyes placing a hand against the detective's knee.

"Come on, bring out a smile at least when you say something like that" she complains making Athena begin to laugh openly. Natasha who sat at a seat before the trio turned around and gave Vic a narrowed look.

"Let the scared woman be" she joked making even Vic let out a small laugh. Evelyn looked to the side and at Athena.

"Tell me why you are doing this again?" she asked and received a sympathetic smile back.

"Because I want to spend time with friends" she answered almost too high before leaning into the woman like she needed to whisper something.

"And because I accidentally told them I needed new books and couldn't get myself out of this" She whispered so non of their friends could hear. Evelyn felt the laugh bubble up and needed to really force it down. Athena and Ev had it really easy when it came to enjoying etching others' company and more than they had noticed. Jax had been giving them curious looks as he thought about all the ways they could make trouble at his mc.

The group of girls continue to chat away as they came closer to their destination. The biker following them that day was Wyatt who sat on his biker driving behind them looking uncharacteristically irritated. Evelyn turned to Athena to ask about it but stopped as she saw a police car by the other red light. The big vans stood by a red light by a road crossing waiting for the sign to drive.

"James," Evelyn said out loud happily as she recognise the car. With the quickest hand moves, Ev had taken up her phone to call the man. It took a few signals before he answered with that dark voice of his.

"Ev what's up?" he asked almost worried and Evelyn gave off a little giggle.

"I'm good, I called because I see your car. I sit in the van at your right" She said, it took a few seconds before the police car started its sirens making everyone in the van jump, but as quickly as he did that he stops it laughing.

"Where are you going? I escort you if needed" he said as they began to drive.

"To the mall" Ev answered and saw how the police car drove up after the motorcycle making Wyatt look even more irritated.