30

--<3--

--<3--

The shock of what happened just minutes ago was laying around the car as Evelyn drove closer to the mc territory. James was shot dead by a hitman, Evelyn was no longer working for the police force as she knew she was going to be the next one to have a hitman after her. The tears that had been dropping down her cheeks wear still streaming down even if the detective felt more and more numb with every second passing. Her shoulder burned more and more as the adrenaline ran out and all she could think of was her friend's dead body and how she would get Emma safe. What was Emma supposed to say when Evelyn told her James died in front of her? Evelyn thought as she began to see the mc sign. By the big metallic sign, Emma stood with a hand over her very big and pregnant belly looking around herself with worry. Her cheeks were red and full of tears as she knew exactly what would happen to her husband.

Evelyn slowed down next to her friend and slowly stepped out of the car. Her green eyes full of numbness met Emma's tearful eyes. No words were needed to explain what had happened, the blood all around the detective's hands, and jacket were proof of what had happened. Tears continue to fall down Evelyn's eyes as she looked away from Emma, she couldn't look at the woman feeling like she was the reason James was dead.

"He is gone, isn't he?" the woman asked low as her hands began to shake over her belly. The wind was picking up howling in their ears as the truth dawned on them, James was dead and would never come back to them. Evelyn felt her head begin to spin as the shock combined with the loss of blood took a toll on her vision.

"Y-yes," Ev said and took one more step closer to her friends still looking away from her. Her stomach wanted to turn inside out and when she felt her breakfast begin to rise from her stomach Evelyn turned away from Emma and leaned over as she empty her stomach. Emma was fast to take hold of the detective's hair to keep it away from her face.

"Evelyn everything will be okay, keep strong a few moments more and we will be safe," Emma said with a sob. Evelyn wanted to punch herself as she knew she should be the one to support Emma, not the other way around. When Evelyn felt that she couldn't hulk up anything more she stood up straight and looked behind her to meet Emma's eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I tried to convince him but he refused to see any other way, I never wanted this to happen," Evelyn said and looked right into the woman's eyes, even if it frighten her that it could be the blame she would see. Ev was scared to lose her friend if she believed she could do anything more than she did.

"Shh, I already know it isn't your fault. James talked to me yesterday and explains everything" Emma said and placed a hand against Evelyn's cold cheeks. Her eyes were still full of tears but Evelyn could now see the redness around them and knew she has been crying for hours. For a second a pang of guilt rolled over Evelyn as she understood how bad of a day the woman must have had. With a shaky sight Evelyn sweeps away the tears rolling down her cheek, she needed to be strong now. With that thought she placed a hand against Emma's back and slowly lead her to one side of the black car, James had got her.