25

--<3--

--<3--

The past days were amazing for Evelyn and Jeremiah. For a while, it felt like they were on cloud nine together as they spent every free time together. When Evelyn didn't have to work or met with Wilson she lay in bed with the biker chatting away, kissing, or doing stuff she never would dream of doing with a biker. It felt like a fairytale as the sweet biker did everything in his power to make her feel comfortable.

At the moment she sat in her room that she had found herself in less and less since she and Jeremiah first shared beds. Sometimes they sleep there but more often they slept in his room. Evelyn had her phone by her ear as she sat looking out the window to the parking lot. She had called James to tell him about the date she was having when she began to feel guilty not telling him the big news.

"I'm happy for you Ev, you deserve to be happy," James said gently as he knew how big of a step it was for his best friend. Evelyn looked out at the territory that no longer had any snow left and was now wet with the night's rain.

"Thank you, James, I just hope I'm doing the right thing. It does feel good" She answered while following the officer taking her place for the day walk up to the house. Jeremiah and Ev had come up with a plan that she would leave before him so the officer wouldn't get suspicious about them.

"Listen to your heart now love" He advised her still with that gentle voice. Evelyn breathe out a sigh and nodded to herself slowly.

"You are right. How are the wife and the babies" Evelyn asked as she wanted something else to think about than to second guess her choice to say yes to the date she was going to any minute now. She could hear a small chuckle from her friend and couldn't help but smile on her own.

"They are good, can't believe I will see the little once soon," He said with so much love in his voice. Evelyn knew James was a family man and was so happy that he finely got the kids he wanted and probably an army more if he was the one choosing.

"I'm so happy for you and still in shock after the two of you asking me to be a good mother, I can't thank you enough for that" Evelyn said as she thought back to when the two of them sat down with her to ask her. It was very big for Evelyn to be asked that and she had almost flown over the table to hug the two in happiness.

"You are the best-suited woman for the job," James said and Evelyn just knew he was having a smile plastered on his lips. Before she could answer a knock was heard, while standing up and walking over to the door Ev said her goodbyes to her friend knowing that this was her cue to get out of the territory. As she thought the officer stood beside Jax as nervous as always and looked the detective up and down.

"Hi officer," Evelyn said while putting on her free time jacket and reaching out for her report to give it to her colleague. It took the man a few seconds before looking away from her body and the fine clothes she had on.