13

—<3—

—<3—

The day after Jeremiah stands in his kitchen as usual still organizing the bottles he had begun with the day before. It was at least twenty boxes full of bottles of different alcohol sorts and other food-related stuff. Music was blasting from one of the speakers and the air smelt of the soup Jeremiah had on the stove.

His thoughts went from counting bottles to placing them in their right places. Sometimes he let himself even think about the hot detective sneaking around the territory looking hot and sexy, wondering what she was looking into at the moment. A smile spread on his lips as he thought about all the ways she could bother both Zeus and Ice.

But in a way he knew she wasn't her usual self, she always joked around with the two and loved to irritate them to the point they almost snapped at her, but since she came home the day before she had become a silent and distant person. Not what the biker was used to. It wasn't only Jeremiah who notice it but almost everyone who had spent a lot of time around her. Wyatt had even asked Jeremiah about it like he should know everything going on with the detective.

With a long sigh, J tried to go back to sorting things out. Only when a throat was cleared behind him did he understand that someone was in the same room as him. The biker looked behind him to see the one and only look down at him and the three boxes around him.

"Can I help you?" Evelyn asked softly as she saw the hair on Jeremiah's stand all over the place. With a smirk and a huff, Jeremiah stood up and straighten out his back as he felt an aching pain in the lower back.

"You don't need to, I get paid to do this thing" J answered and put a few oil bottles by the counter of the stove. When he looked back at the girl he saw her longing looks at the boxes and in a way he understood that she needed to do this.

"But if you want to you could begin with that box," J said and pointed at a box by a corner. Instantly he could see her shoulders relax and he knew he did the right thing to let her help.

For a few minutes, they sorted things quietly enjoying the work while listening to the music. Jeremiah stole glance after glance at the detective as she sat down with a hoodie that had a police logo together with a pair of practical pants with lots of pockets. Around her waist was a holster holding her service weapon. The thing that catches Js attention the most was the look in her eyes, it was like she had aged lots of years over the last twenty-four hours and it worried him to see her so under the radar.

"Evelyn" he spoke catching her attention. She looked up at the biker with tired eyes as if she was about to fall asleep anytime soon.

"Are you feeling well? You look a bit tired" he said softly and paused what he was doing to watch her reaction. The girl put on a smile but looked away from him.