47

Trigger Warning: Sadness and pain. 

'Hey Tay! Look, I got these necklaces for us!' I shouted as I entered the house. I rushed to the bedroom where I knew she was sitting with her computer as she always did. But she didn't even look up from her computer when I entered the room. 'Look yours had LG engraved in it and mine has TS!' I said excitedly as I sat down beside her. 'Nice..' she mumbled. I took a deep breath, left her necklace beside her and walked out of the door, slamming the door behind me. But she didn't seem to notice.

I ran downstairs to the living room and felt a tear run down my cheek. It felt like she was gone, and like I'd never had her either. After a few deep breaths I walked into the music room and sat down at the piano.

***

Two weeks later everything was the same. Taylor hadn't even touched the necklace. But mine was around my neck at all times of the day. The song I was done with.

wake up, stay with me

through the flood and though the fear

right now i need you here

i need you to stay strong

to remind me there i came from

and where i belong

so wake up and stay with me

cause i'm starting to think that i never actually had you

you're not in the dark

far from the light

and i need to know now

are you with me?

are you in or are you out?

are you with me?

are you drifting through the doubt?

are you in or are you out?

don't give up, not yet

no matter how hard it gets

we come into the world

worse for the wear

but our fathers

are not our to bear

don't give up, no not yet

don't give up, not yet

are you with me?

are you in or are you out?

are you with me?

are you drifting through the doubt?

we're not equal parts

light or dark

We can be brilliant

are you with me?

are you in or are you out?

are you with me?

are you drifting through the doubt?

are you in or are you out?

are you with me?

It was exactly how I felt.

***

I didn't release the song until May 25th.

***

'Tay?' I asked as I entered the dark room she was sitting in. She just hummed in response. 'Dinner.' I said. 'I'm coming..' she mumbled, not even bothering looking up from the computer.

She didn't come down until fifteen minutes later.

'Cute necklace.' she said as she sat down opposite me. I was just staring down at my plate ignoring her like she had been ignoring me the last month. 'Why aren't you wearing yours if it is so cute?' I asked. 'What?' she asked. I felt the tears filling my eyes. 'The necklace I gave you. It's a match to this. It has my initials carved into it. But you haven't even touched it.' I mumbled, wiping away a tear, but she didn't notice. 'When did you give me a necklace?' she asked. I swallowed harshly. 'Are you joking Taylor?' I asked, my voice now harsh as I stood up. 'What?' she asked. 'You have been ignoring me for almost two months now! I gave you the necklace a month ago! I've been wearing this necklace with your initials on it for a month and you only noticed now!' I almost screamed. You could hear the hurt in my voice. I was now standing up. 'You know what. You've gone too far this time Taylor. I really want to stay with you, but I can't fucking do this!' I said, tears streaming down my face as I took off the necklace and slammed it to the table right in front of her. 'I'm done with this relationship.' I whispered, my voice breaking.

I ran up the stairs and into the bedroom. I quickly closed and locked the door. I slid down the door to the floor, my hands over my face and my legs up to my chest.

A couple minutes later I shakingly took up my phone and messaged Theo.

Me: i'm coming home. right now.

Theo: Why? Has something happened?

Theo: Linn? Is everything okay?

Theo: Linn?

Theo: Hello?

Theo: Linn you're scaring me. Are you alright?

I packed all my things into a bag. Took a deep breath, unlocked the door and hurried down the stairs.

'Linn!' Taylor said as I passed her. She was crying. 'Linn please!' she cried but I ignored her. 'Linn! Please don't leave!' she sobbed as tried to grab my hand. But I snatched it away. 'Linn please. Honey I'm sorry! I love you, please just- don't leave!' Her voice broke at the last line. 'Taylor stop!' I snapped. She sat down on her knees, stretching at my hand. 'Linn, please don't leave! Please darling. Just. Please don't leave me. Please don't leave! Linn! Please!' she sobbed as I walked out and slammed the door shut. 

A/N: I'm sorry. I'm literally crying lol. I'm writing this at 1 AM while listening to Sarah Cothrans version of Love Story and I am not well.