56

'Taylor Taylor Taylor!' I yelled as I ran down the stairs the following day. 'Is everything okay?' she asked. 'No I have a song idea, get out of here!' I laughed and pushed her out of the room. 'Fine, but I'll take Dibbles with me!' she smirked as she walked back into the room, grabbed Dibbles and ran out again. I laughed at her as I sat down at the piano and started mumbling the lyrics that had come to my mind.

rapunzel let your hair out, we can make out they'll never find out.

***

Me: HEY JAAACK..

Jack: Hi Linn..?

Me: i started writing a song but I'm stuck.

Jack: Cool, send it to me!

Me: *inserted voice memo*

'it started fun, just you and me in our little reality. Something kissing me in secrecy bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla. Something-something i don't even know who your mom is. Then something more but i'm not really sure then the pre-chorus; the more i think about it more it doesn't make sense but you make it sounds so pretty when we're laying in bed and then the chorus; rapunzel, let your hair down, we can make out, they'll never find out rapunzel, it's safer up here. no, really it's a mad mad world down there.. i bet you've been thinkin' that you got a good stitch but baby i've been thinking that you got the wrong bitch. rapunzel, that's not me, i'm not your princess, i'm a motherfucking queen. A pause then; who are your friends? do they know that we've been hanging on the low. what are we? is it make believe. am i just another girl you're gonna leave? Then like something else then the chorus and then the motherfucking queen part again!'

Jack: That's so cool! I'll be more than happy to help you! Taylor's coming to the studio on friday and as far as i know you're roomies so maybe you can come with her?

Me: yeah sure! thank you!! see ya on friday!

Friday January 13th 2017.

'Linn! We're supposed to be there in ten minutes and it's a fifteen minute ride! Hurry up!' Taylor shouted from the door that was half open, Felix and Greg standing outside. 'Love, I'm meeting Jack fucking Antonoff for the first time! I gotta look at least okay!' I laughed as I rushed down the stairs. 'Don't fall!' Taylor shrieked as I missed a step and lost my balance. 'Nah, I'm fine!' I laughed as I jogged up to her. 'You have to be more careful!' she laughed. 'And you have to stop worrying!' I laughed as I took a step out of the house, having just grabbed my jacket.

***

When we entered the studio Taylor introduced me and Jack and she jumped directly into it. 'Jack, so I have this!' she said and walked up to one of the keyboards and started playing something. 'Oh you're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face. 'Cause look at your face. And I'm so furious at you for making me feel this way. But what can I say, you're gorgeous!' she sang as we held direct eye contact. I tried my best not to blush, only because Jack was in the room. 'Cool Taylor!' Jack said and walked over to her.

***

'Wait, you sing "I don't even know who your mom is" does that mean that they're like hiding you?' Jack asked. 'Yeah he was..' 'He?' Taylor chuckled. 'Don't you have a song named girls?' Jack asked. 'Well, when we dated I thought I was bisexual..' I let out a dry laugh. 'It was because of him I realized I wasn't..' Taylor just laughed and laid her head on my shoulder. 'We gotta tell people soon,' she whispered under her breath. 'I agree.' 'I love you. 'I love you too.' 'What are you guys whispering about?' Jack asked. 'Just song ideas!' Taylor lied.

***

'Linn, I've been thinking about the thing that he's hiding you. Maybe that can be the like.. Plot.. or whatever you wanna call it about the song. So maybe in the beginning when you sing It started fun, just you and me in our little reality, and adding there turned to kissing me in secrecy. It's almost like you're hiding me!' 'Oh my yes wait!' I shrieked. 'I got an idea! After that maybe like It's almost like you're hiding me. And are you, be honest? 'Cause I don't even know who your mom is! Always keeping me in your bedroom. I question it, you say that it's too soon!'

***

(Taylor's POV)

Later that day when me and Linn came home I fell down on the couch. 'I'm so tiiiiiiiired..' I complained. 'Come here pretty girl..' Linn mumbled as she sat down on my lap and hid her face in my neck. I felt my cheeks heaten up by the nickname. Pretty girl. I could get used to that. She groaned against my neck, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. 'I love you..' I whispered. 'I love you too darling..' she yawned. 'I want to tell people, at least our friends!' 'Me too, can we talk about it tomorrow? I'm really fucking tired and I want to cuddle you..' she mumbled against my bare skin. 'Of course baby..' I chuckled and closed my eyes.