53

We just stood in each other's arms. My face was pressed against her neck. We were both crying. She didn't have bleached hair anymore and she really felt like her old self. 'I missed you.' I whispered, trying to hold back a sob. 'I missed you too.'

It knocked on the door. I pulled away from her and wiped away my tears. I checked myself in the mirror so whoever was at the door couldn't see I'd been crying. I opened the door to Theo and Dria jumping up and down with the others beside them. 'Oh my god Linn!' Marlene said and dragged me out of the door. They all turned around, their backs towards the door. 'You're fucking amazing!' Enzo exclaimed.

The door behind them opened slightly and Taylor walked out. No one noticed except me. We held eye contact for a few seconds but then she turned her back towards me and walked away.

***

I didn't hear from her after that. I even started to think I imagined it but when I saw someone post a video of the show on instagram you could clearly see I was glancing at someone or something in the audience and the fans speculated that I was seeing someone the songs were about, and they were correct on that.

January 7th 2017.

I was on my way to the studio. Sitting in the backseat on my phone, texting my drummer, Emma.

emma: Where are you?

Me: i'm on my way!

emma: Hurry up! We're waiting for you!

I looked up from my phone and before my brain could register the car coming towards ours everything went dark.

***

(Taylor's POV)

'Hello this is concerning Linn Grace. Who am I speaking to?' My heart dropped. 'You're speaking to Taylor Swift, has something happened?' I asked.

***

The woman on the phone hung up and my phone fell to the floor. Linn had been in a car crash. She was staying in a hospital only down the street. Fuck the media. Fuck the paparazzi. I'm going to that hospital.

I grabbed my phone, my keys and without any thought I flew out of my house. 'Miss Swift!' Felix shouted after me. 'Stay here!' I shouted. 'I'm not gonna-' 'Just stay here Felix!' I said and slammed the door shut. I ran out on the street, paparazzi immediately seeing me. They came running towards me. But my mind was only on Linn. So I just flipped them off and continued running down the street.

***

'Linn Grace!' I panted as I slammed my hands onto the front desk. 'You are?' 'Taylor Swift, I talked with you on the phone!' 'Oh yes, T- Taylor Swift.. They're still checking up on Miss Grace so you'll have to wait but we'll get you when you can go into her room!' she said. I frowned and sat down in the waiting room.

***

'Taylor what are you doing here?' I heard and looked up. 'Linn of course!' I said to Theo and Ciandra. 'I'm sorry I'm just.. Worried.. And these photographers won't stop taking pictures of me.' 'It's not that weird! No one has seen you in months!' Theo said. 'Linn has..' I mumbled. 'What?' Ciandra asked. 'Nothing..' I said and turned away from them, continuing to bite my nails.

Later Mila and Linn's dad came too. 'Taylor?' Mila said as she sat down. 'Hi Mila..' I mumbled. 'So you aren't dead?' she joked. 'No I'm not...' I mumbled, seeing a camera directed at me. 'I'm sorry but who are you?' Linn's dad asked. 'I'm Taylor Swift. Linn's old roommate, I collaborated on her song, I'm on her damn emergency contacts! I was the first one here!' I cried.

***

'Taylor Swift, Theodore Davis, Ciandra Hart, Mila Grace, Richard Grace' A doctor said. I flew out of my chair. 'Is she okay?' I asked. 'Miss Grace is okay, a broken leg is all, other than that she is totally fine!' she said. I took a deep breath trying to calm down. 'She is not conscious but one of you can go in.' 'I'll go!' I said. 'I think I should go, I am her father after all!' Richard said and stood up. 'Please Mr. Grace, I need to see her!' I begged. 'No offense Richard but I think Taylor should go in.' Ciandra said. I made eye contact with her and I tried my best to make me look as thankful as possible. He looked at me once before sitting back down and saying okay.

***

I almost pressed myself against the back of the doctor as we walked towards her room, I wanted to get there as soon as I could.

***

She opened the door and I practically ran inside, seeing Linn unconscious on the bed. I took a shaky breath before sitting down on the chair beside her. 'Press the button when she wakes up.' the doctor said and walked out of the room.

(Linn's POV)

I slowly open my eyes, trying to get my eyes to see through the bright light. Where am I? Suddenly something moved towards me from the side. 'Linn?' I heard a soft voice I could recognise anywhere. 'Taylor? Where am I?' I whispered.