Chapter One

// From now on, I will not be naming chapters like I usually do as it gives away spoilers. Thank you for the recent support and follows, I really appreciate it a lot. And now, enjoy this book.

Bessie's POV

Fruit juice, check. Picnic, check. Flowers, check. Engagement ring, check. Beautiful sunset, check.

Alright, it looked like I was ready to have a perfect date night with May. We've been together for a year now, and she was my soul mate as we had a lot of things in common. She was my everything, so that's why it's time to propose to her. I sat down on the red picnic blanket and began to patiently wait for her. A couple of minutes later, I was starting to worry. Did a emergency come up? 

I dove my hand into my jacket pocket and pulled out my phone to see if she texted me. 

Nothing?

This was very odd...

I continued waiting and the minutes turned into hours as it was becoming night. I then stood up and looked around, sighing sadly as I started to pack everything up. I didn't know what happened. Maybe I should try calling her...

So, I grabbed my phone once again and called her number. She picked it up! But...it wasn't her. It was someone else...

"I'm sorry, Maya can't come to the phone right now." a woman's voice said before the call ended. What the fuck? No...she can't be cheating on me. She can't...

I stared at my phone for a solid minute, waiting to see if Maya herself rings me again. Nothing. Just absolutely fucking nothing. I then put my phone away and finished packing, before I began to walk back home alone and confused. I was honestly feeling a bunch of emotions at this point. What if she really was cheating on me? 

When I got home, I placed the picnic basket on the kitchen counter and went upstairs to our bedroom. Mine and May's. We fell in love in college, before it became this. I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, feeling lonely without my girlfriend. She would never leave me. I grabbed my phone again and placed it on my stomach until it suddenly gave me a ping sound, which was a text. It was from May! 

"I am five minutes away, babe." 

 "You okay?"

As soon as I sent the reply, I heard her walk up the stairs and walked into the bedroom, climbing onto the bed and pressed her lips against mine. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she asked me, pulling away from the kiss. I sat up and began to check her over. No obvious evidence. Phew.

I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly. "Why are you freezing cold?" I asked her, "It's winter, duh." she replied. I then went to turn on the light, but she grabbed my arm to stop me. "I got a headache, babe. So no lights, please." she told me. "Okay. Do you need any pain killers?" I asked her, "Well, you know where they are..."

"I don't want to put them down my throat." she told me, cutting me off. I nodded and laid back down again, feeling her join me. 

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." she told me back.

"Promise me that you will be okay tomorrow?" I asked her.

"I promise, babe."