Chapter Seven

Bessie's POV

Me and Maya walked downstairs together, holding hands as we went into the dining room and sat down at the table in sync. I didn't think it was creepy, I thought it was normal. Petra stared at us, tilting her head to the side a little. "You both had fun last night." she began, before she smiled. We both said nothing, just looked at each other. "I'll get you some food from the kitchen." Maya told me before she got up and walked over to the kitchen. She then came back quickly with a bowl of strawberries for me. It was like she was protecting me from Petra...

I started to eat, "So, you have told her then?" Petra asked Maya, "Not all of it." she replied. Wait, what? What did she mean by that? Not all of it? 

I looked at Maya, wondering what she meant. She sighed, "I will tell her properly in my own time." she told Petra. She nodded, "The blood moon will be arriving soon." she then said. What the fuck was a blood moon? 

"Hey, she's here, you know." Maya said back, "I do know. She's right here at the table, eating her breakfast, which she has just finished." she told her. I pushed the empty bowl to the side and stood up from the table, wanting to get away from this conversation. Maya growled at Petra, quickly following me to the living room where I sat down on the large black leather sofa. "I'm sorry about her. She's just jealous that we had a fun time." she apologised. I turned to my side and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her. Even though she was different, I still loved her for who she was, but Petra on the other hand...I wasn't sure.

"What is a blood moon?" I asked her.

"You either have to find out or ask her." she replied. 

I then pulled away from the hug, "Are we...-"

"Yeah, we are all mates. Me, you and Petra." she told me the full truth. "That's right." Petra told me, standing in the doorway with her arms crossed. "But...I love her." I said, "I love her too." she said. My mouth then dropped open a little, thinking back to the argument at my old work place...

To confirm it, Petra walked over to us and placed her lips against May's. 

And May happily kissed her back.