Chapter Twenty-Two

// <3 <3 (Last chapter of The Gift. Ending it off the right way...) 

Bessie's POV

I pulled away from the slightly steamy kiss, before I turned my attention back to Maya as my hands made their way up her body, massaging her chest softly. "Join us, babe. Become one of us again." she told me as she let out a soft moan. "No thank you. I'm happy as I am." I told her, "We both know that's a lie, babe." she said. I then decided to stop what I was doing, letting out a small sigh. I sat up and pressed my back against the bed board, watching Petra come forward and kissed my lips once more as a reassurance. "I don't get how this is possible. Like, why are you...that?" I asked her when she pulled away, "Think of it as a upgrade from a strong vampire to a unstoppable vampire." she replied. 

"Okay." I said, before I wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin against her bare shoulder as I felt her sink her fangs into me. The new venom were then circling around my veins and was changing me again. But, it was changing me into someone else. Bloody thirsty. As soon as my mate realised that something was wrong, she pulled away and checked me over. "What's wrong with her?" Maya asked me, worried. "Her eyes are like ours, but...she has no soul left in her. She's not Bessie anymore." Petra told her, before I suddenly dove my hand into Petra's chest and yanked out her cold heart. Maya screamed at what she had just witnessed and made a run for it, not caring if she was in the nude. 

I looked at Petra, seeing black blood river down from her mouth. "You don't need this anymore since you don't have a fucking heart." I told her, before I began to squeeze her heart until I watched her turn into ash. I chuckled, standing up from the bed and began to search for Maya. She wasn't that hard to find, as I found her behind the long living room curtain, visibly shaking. 

She gasped once I found her, unable to say anything because she was mortified at what I had done. "D...Don't kill me, babe. Yes, it is my fault for convincing..."

I dove my hand into her chest, yanking out her heart with no hesitation. As a final goodbye though, I kissed her and watched her collapse into ash. 

This gift was certainly something because I felt nothing after. 

Absolutely nothing at all. I was covered in ash and black blood, and that was okay. 

I was a vampire that got corrupted by the darkness.  

The End