Chapter.11

Godmother's Daughter.

SHE woked up because of the loud ringtone. Pissed, she opened her eyes to look at it.

It's a cellphone who's been ringing loudly since she could remember.

Is it Luther's?

Obviously because she no longer have phone. She didn't bother to buy one since she don't know Coleen's number so no use, who would she call aside from her right?

Her phone just gave up last year.

The phone rang again.

'Luther' that's the name registered at the phone.

Luther's calling? At his own phone? Really?

She hesitated to answer but in the end after the couple of rings she still ended up answering his phone call.

"Wife."His cold as ice voice spoke sending weird feelings at her whole being.

"L-Luther?"She don't know what to say. "Ahm.. you forgot your phone right? Don't worry I'll keep it until you get home."

"No... The phone, it's yours. I bought it for you wife."

"Thanks but you don't have to buy me one Luther.. You've been spending too much for me. Those are enough."

"You're... Not happy? You don't want it?"

"N-no! I like it but I just think that you've been spending too much for me.."Geez, he misunderstood.

"My wife deserve only the best. Remember that Avery."She bit her lower lip before she nodded though he can't see her. Finality is noticeable in his voice.

"Understood?"

"Y-yeah."She can't help but to smile because of him. Though their marriage is loveless he still always check on her.

When she's still at U.S he always call her every night to check on her asking her if she wants anything.. or need anything.

No matter how far she is from her she still feel like he's just there. He's a thoughtful husband,though his coldness never change. Maybe it's already a nature of him, But that doesn't matter. She feels safe towards him that's all matter. She knew he can't hurt her because if he can he should've hurt her before.

"I'll go now. My number is already saved in your phone. Call me every  hour."Oh did she spaced out again?

"Yeah.. B-bye L-Luther."

"Bye.. wife."The line ended after that. She pouted how she wants to hear his cold as ice voice.

Oh God Avery! You must be out of your mind to say that thing!

A couple Knock from the door get her back to the reality.
"That's open Bubbie Selsa."The woman smiled at her slightly before she went inside.

"You're food is already waiting for you downstairs." She don't know but something's off with Bubbie today.

The old woman looked at her smilingly.

"I never thought you'll be the wife of Luther.. You two are good for each other. I can see that. I actually want you to be his wife honestly. And I can see that both of you are happy. I'm very happy for both of you too."The woman said after a couple of seconds.

Bubbie smiled at her before it fixed her hair.

"But I hope that happiness will last." What does she even trying to say?

And who the hell is happy? She and Luther? Seriously? That man don't even know how to smile at her so where did she got that kind of idea that he's happy?

But what about her? Is she happy with Luther? She don't want to answer that yet.

"Don't ever let anyone come between you two... Keep Luther no matter what.. Don't forget that reminder child." Since when Bubbie become this weird huh?

And why would she keep Luther no matter what? He can go whenever he wants. As if she can't leave without him. She's independent. She lived several years of her life alone in the province and she made it! And as if she loves him...

Well does she really don't? Her mind refuse to answer that. Again.

She confusedly nodded.

"Don't worry I'll help you. I'll take away those who'll come in between you and Luther. Trust me." This is just too wierd.

The woman smiled again before talking.

"I'll wait for you downstairs. Eat your food before it gets cold."

"Yeah, thanks Bubbie."

"Oh don't mention it."

She cleaned herself right after bubbie left. She's already starving to death.

A thought of last night between her and Luther lingered in her mind.

Nothing happened between them. After a couple of minutes of resting his head on her head while her head is still placed against his hard chest he left saying that he's just going to go somewhere. She didn't ask any further. That's not her nature to ask a lot. He said he might go home if he finished his work early.

She didn't sleep last night. She seemed to be waiting for someone. Is she really waiting for Luther to go home?

Really Avery!? What's with you?

Luther didn't go home last night.

She just wore a floral hanging dress before going downstairs.

She's eating when she heard a sound. She heard a car. Luther's home!

She really don't know what's wrong with her to be running this fast towards the entrance. She's all smile when she spotted the familiar vigorous body structure.

But her excitement faded when she spotted a beautiful girl behind Luther and a middle age woman who's now racing an eyebrow at her.

"Who is she Luther?"The middle age lady who's wearing a diamond necklace asked in an irritated voice. She's looking so fine and elegant in her clothes. She felt scared because of the middle age woman's stare towards her.

She hid behind Luther. The man just possessively snaked his arm around her waist. The beautiful lady next to the middle age woman raced an eyebrow. She's been silent since they came.

"This is Avery. My wife."

"You're what!?"The woman who's just at they're age didn't manage to make her voice calm.

The middle aged woman is too stunned to speak.

"My wife. Why? Do you have a problem with that?"

The face of the girl turned red.

"Ah n-no."She instantly said.

"Good."Her husband guided her to the sofa.

The mother and daughter followed. She assume that they're mother and daughter since they're slightly look alike.

"Avery.. I want you to meet Lori Sol my godmother. And Debory. My godmother's daughter."She can't read his emotions as he said those. No there's really no trace of emotion from his.

"And this is my wife. Avery Yukihira-Caddel." So Caddel is his surname? Luther Caddel.. even his surname is handsome. She just found out his surname today after 5 years of being married with him.

Funny.

"My daughter will be staying here."The mother suddenly spoke. Is this what Bubbie Selsa mean?