Avenged

Taking down Wen Xu is not going to be a problem with the joined force or Lan, Nie and imperial guards led by the crown prince Wei Wuxian. 

The main reason for Wen Xu being able to attack at the first place was his meticulous selection of the night the guard around the imperial city was lax, and also the hidden infiltration of assassins into the palace over the course of months. And the neglect on the previous emperor's part of letting go of the influential houses, who were known to be in a good relationship with Wen RouHan. All these lead to the present consequences the imperial family is dealing with. 

The Crown Prince's mind was full with such thoughts, while he was riding on a stallion towards the capital, with his allies and friends Mingjue and Xichen beside him. He has knelt in front of his mother and vowed to present her with Wen Xu's head, the empress had tilt the prince's head upwards to look into his eyes, a burning fury in her eyes way way too evident, with a firm nod she let him go to avenge his father , her husband, and the emperor of the Nation. 

The city gate was previously cleared of any hidden threats by the troop sent earlier, so the army marched freely inside the capitol

The city gate was previously cleared of any hidden threats by the troop sent earlier, so the army marched freely inside the capitol. The streets are barren except for occasional patrolling troops, upon reaching the palace gates Crown Prince's troop found some scattered bodies of soldiers in enemy's color and a few of their own. Pushing past the gates the whole army marched inside the palace ground. The previous bustling palace seemed eerily empty. The spy returns with news that Wen Xu  is currently in the throne room, with his remaining people and a ton of hostages - mostly women, children and old people. 

The Crown Prince's blood boils hearing the situation, but he must keep his head cool in such circumstances otherwise he'll surely bring harm to the one's relying on him. After a quick discussion a group of skilled archers lined the hidden gallery overlooking the throne room, bow and arrows drawn ready to fire. Rest of the group marched towards the hall, discarding whatever resistance was coming their way. Soon the group led by Crown Prince stepped inside the throne room, coming face to face with Wen Xu , sitting leisurely on the sacred throne, protected by the human barrier he had made by crying and pleading innocent maidens, children all bound by thick ropes. Behind them stands a single line of remaining Wen Xu 's guards with unsheathed swords. 

The smug smile on Wen Xu's face fanned the fire in Wei Wuxian's eyes, his dark gray eyes burning like charcoal. Seeing the helpless fury in Wei Wuxian, Wen Xu  started to mock him, "well well Wei Wuxian! You have finally showed up here, also with an army huh! Hahaha, of course of course you would come with an army, otherwise you are nothing, only a coward." Nie Mingjue  had taken a step forward, unable to hear the slandering of The crown prince , but as soon as Wen Xu  noticed that he drew his sword and held it against the neck of a child,"be aware Nie Mingjue ! One misstep and thi….aaakhH" his words died in his mouth, unfinished. When Wen Xu  was busy threatening them by holding a hostage, he didn't notice the crown prince notching an arrow in bow discreetly, using his mocking as an opening who had fired. Before the remaining Wen Xu 's men understood what had happened all of them earned an arrow of their own by the hidden archers and Lan Xichen . 

The deceased emperor was avenged, the nation can follow the proper mourning for their beloved former ruler, and the misfortune of the royal family

Spearing the head of Wen Xu  on a spear, the Crown Prince rode back to Gusu with his companions. He sent half of the army back to the border, half stayed with the general to resolve the situation at the capital. They found the palace guards held prisoners at the dungeon, most of them in frail condition due to relentless torture, ti clean the palace pf sheded blood, and some sent as scouts to find out if any rebel group remains. The people bowed at the path the crown prince rode, blood dripping down from the decapitated head down his hand, red blooming on white mourning robes, face already smeared with blood streaks from earlier sword fighting, making him look like a merciless warrior. Some cowered in fear, some bowed in respect - one thing was clear, their next king will rule the land with firm hands. 

-----—-------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update...
Please enjoy the new chapter...