Write Me A Poem, Won't You? - 1

Hello everyone!
    Happy New Year to all of you.
I really wanted to post this chapter on 1st January, but the writing felt non satisfying, I'm still not really satisfied with how I portrayed Lan Wangji or Wei Wuxian's character, but I didn't want to make any more delay.
So please enjoy the chapter and don't forget to like and comment your opinion.

With every passing week, and every new betrothal gift given and received the relationship between Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji started to bloom like a shy little flower. 

At first Lan Wangji was very reluctant to receive such expensive gifts, but his uncle explained to him the need of such gifts not only to show status but also as one's strong intent to hold true to their words, to propose betrothal with intention of marriage in future, not some frivolous activity. Thus the gifts. 

Hearing this Lan Wangji too asked his uncle if he can send gifts  to his intended too, and received a positive answer to it. 

Not knowing his fiancé's choices put Lan Wangji in a difficulty spot, he recked his brain to think of a perfect gift befitting the station of The Emperor. Because along with being Lan Wangji's betrothed, Wei Wuxian is an Emperor first, so his family members helped him too to chose a gift. 

Upon much discussion and searching they

settled on a gold hair crown ,designed in the shape of  a carved lotus with a dragon mouthed pin to hold it in place, a bright red ruby sitting in the middle to enhance its beauty. 

The crown cost quite some taels of gold for the Lans, but they are a nobel family of good fortune and old money, so the price is not concerning for them. 

But only a crown as a first betrothal gift from Lan Wangji was not sufficient, so a pair of throw knives commissioned by the best smith of the capital was also added. Along with them a few boalts of brocade silk, best quality Longjin tea leaves from Gusu, an expensive pure white jade cup was also added. It is said that to drink from a pure white jade cup increases one's immunity and health. 

Every item was packed in dark rosewood boxes, on soft velvet, carried by servants on the next day scheduled for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's chaperoned meeting. 

For this day Lan Wangji was dressed in the crowns and silks made into robes gifted by Emperor as the first betrothal gift. The maids assigned by Queen Mother made sure to dolled him up adequately. Lan Wangji is a natural beauty with easy grace and charm, his snow white skin is beautiful wrapped in a Cian silk robe embroidered with spider Lilly in silver and gold thread along the hems and sleeves. The coller of the robe decorated with pearls and silver thread embroidery. Half of his midnight black hair tied in a elaborate bun ,pinned with a beautiful crown and matching silk ribbons, rest of the hair is left loose to cover his neck from prying eyes. 

As it is custom of the unmated Omegas to keep their neck hidden under hair or high collered robes, only mated Omegas can tie their hair up and away from neck to show the mating bite. It is considered scandalous for unmated omegas to show off their unmarked neck, only pleasure workers do so. 

Dressed and dolled up properly, Lan Wangji steppes inside the palanquin already waiting at his disposal, today he has an unique spring to his feet. 

His uncle notices such joy of his younger nephew with amusement. 

Soon they arrives at the pre determined spot for the meeting, yet another lake side, but unlike open decks, this lake has a round shaped platform and sitting place built with roof and paper screens to provide privacy.