Desires I Hold-2

I'm truly sorry for this much late update of chapter. But this delay was not without reason, firstly, I had to travel to another city for a few weeks for my exams, then came back with a nasty cornea infection which resulting in a month long treatment also little to no vision due to medicines. Now I'm alright, but wasn't able to sit to continue writing this fic..
But now I assure everyone that this story will continue with new updates.

Enjoy this chapter.

The main problem now is for the Lans  how to break the news of his betrothal with the Emperor to Lan WangJi!

After Lan Qinghen and Qiren return from their meeting with Queen Mother, they head straight to Lan Xichen. Given the previous day's late night festivities the morning court has been adjourned on previous notice, the ministers are to attend only the afternoon court, strictly without any lingering signs of hangover,otherwise there are consequences. 

Predictably Lan Xichen was in his personal quarters when his father and uncle pays him a visit. Lan Wangji runs towards his father and uncle upon their arrival, with a bunny in his arm, while three others hopping behind him. 

'' Baba! Shufu! Wangji has missed you!", he buries his face in his father's robes and inhales the 'misty morning and ripe orange' smell. Lan Qinghen smiles while scenting his youngest son, and Lan Wangji hums with contentment. Then he hugs Lan Qiren in a fierce embrace in hope of getting head patts and other affectionate touches and nuzzles his face into Lan Qiren's "cherry blossom and old books" scented robes. 

At the display of Lan Wangji's childish antics, Lan Qiren's eyes watered. 

Though he was not blessed to have children, he has raised his nephews as his own! His sister-in-law's health has never been good, which deteriorated vastly after having Wangji,and she was only alive for only 4years,all the while bed ridden which nade Lan Qiren closer with Wangji than he is with Xichen. 

Right now imagining this little child being already betrothed to the Emperor of the nation, destined to leave his natal home and enter the palace for life time is kind of heart shattering for Lan Qiren. He is happy that his kid is getting married to the best man possible, but also sad that Lan Wangji has grown up so much, too fast! Uncharacteristically Lan Qiren wrapps his arms around Lan Wangji and embraces him for a long moment. 

When both parts, Lan Wangji had a beautiful smile on his lips while Lan Qiren's eyes are moist. 

While all four of them sat down to have tea, Lan Wangji has plopped one bunny on each of his family member's laps and rambling all of their antics. He was so lost in his own world to notice a wistful smile on other's lips and longing in them. 

Lan Xichen was informed of the meeting and he knew what has been the outcome of it. So he decides not to press his father and just wait for him to tell on his own. 

Soon enough a quite naughty bunny hops off Lan Qinghen's lap out of boredom to venture at the garden, making Wangji scrambling after the excursive  bunny with the rest of his army. 

All the other three shook their head at this, but soon the seriousness make itself known when Lan Xichen looks at his father expectantly. Lan Qinghen takes a deep breath before retelling the events of this morning. 

Lan Xichen too expectantly was not surprised, rather he became sad. Because once his little didi enters the palace, his innocence will be ripped off of him by the brutal politics. Thankfully Wei empire doesn't practice polygamy then the situation would have been more difficult. But still, the monogamous Emperors means their Empresses carry the tons of weight of responsibility on their shoulder, all alone.