Song Of Us - 1

Really really sorry for this very late update. I have been writing this chapter for a long time, but as fate has it I fell ill, and needed to be hospitalized. I'm still not of full health as it'd take time, but I myself cannot wait anymore to upload this, because the royal wedding is just a chapter away....

The Sun ray has just been peeking through the high arches of the roof, and through paper screen of windows, when Lan Wangji felt an ache spreading through his heart. Not a physical one but so real and true on its own. 

His slumber breaks suddenly, jolting him up on his bed, blanket sliding from his body, cold morning air causing goosebumps to appear on exposed hands and toes. But Lan Wangji cannot help but be moved by this sudden urge to go, to go where his Alpha is, where his Alpha is in distress! 

His inner self cries in distress and he moves, uncaring of his state of being underdressed, uncaring cold and dark. But he moves. 

The night time maids waiting outside the chamber became surprised seeing the Young Lan in such scandalous state. They calls after him but Lan Wangji heeds nothing. He moves like a moth toward fire, a silent plea on his lips. 

The maids tries stopping him but they do not dare touch Emperor's intended, but also fear the guards standing outside may look upon Lan Wangji in such state. 

The head maid orders an apprentice to call for Lan Qiren, as he is the only one who can physically restrain Lan Wangji. While another one brings a large thick black cloak and drapes it over Lan Wangji, covering his thin night robes from anyone's view. 

In that moment Lan Qiren comes rushing towards them, hastily tying a long jacket around himself,hair loose and complete improper for public appearance but the situation seems dire enough that he refuse to care about propriety atleast at this moment. 

"Wangji, Wangji!", calls Lan Qiren, but the person doesn't even look at his direction, only moving in a sluggish way, dragging his feet. 

This slow trudge has brought this band of people almost at the door, which separates inner house from outer one. 

Seeing no alternative, Lan Qiren tightly hugs Lan Wangji in his chest, a heart wrenching plea of "a-Zhan" leaves his lips, to which Lan Wangji lifts his crazed eyes to his uncle and whispers a near silent word, "Alpha, needs me!"

A loud "what??", rang in Lan Qiren's head. 

"Wangji's Alpha, means The Emperor! But how can that be?" too many questions runs through his mind, but for now he decides not to dwell in unquestioned thoughts and to address the situation at hand.

Slowly Lan Qiren starts releasing his soothing pheromones, something Lan Wangji has been familiar since his childhood. A warm and cottony soft feeling filled Lan Wangji's senses from smelling the very known scent of his uncle, the crazed need his inner Omega had convinced them into acting in a manner to save their mate slowly fades away. Leaving a trembling Lan Wangji in the arms of his uncle. 

As the adrenaline fades away Lan Qiren can feel Lan Wangji trembling in his arms, a cold sweat breaking on his skin to to up for all the previously rushing hormones. Slowly Lan Qiren lowers Wangji to sit on the ground still hugging him tightly, the maids wait just a short distance away, ready to act at slightest hint of help from any of the nobles.