A Better World : 1

Over the next three days, the days before Lan contingent has been planned to return to Gusu, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji both continued to meet after the last bell of curfew of Palace had been rung, in the cover of the night. 

Both spent a couple of hours in each other's company, feeling peaceful, warm and happy. 

They'd sat under the large willow tree, long ground touching leaves acting as a cover, Lan Wangji would talk about his childhood in Gusu, his favorite food, scent or anything and his fiancé would listen with rapt attention. 

Wei Wuxian couldn't hold the amount of happiness he feels whenever he's with Lan Wangji, whenever he gets to see his betrothed so free and relaxed with his company. 

They didn't go as far as to initiate anything intimate beyond hand holding. Firstly Wei Wuxian didn't want to impose himself on his little betrothed who still seems to possess most vague information about intimacy and mating, while Lan Wangji is educated about the subjects of household management, some court politics and State affairs - part of his nobel born education, then Palace etiquette, palace rules and inner palace economy system, some statistics and others as his future Emperor consort education , none included any education about sexual relationship. 

For Lans do believe sex education to be vulger and initiator of amoral behavior, only on the days before their wedding Lans are given a hasty dress down about bedroom activities which hasn't been of help to anyone to be honest. 

The palace does involve sex education, but that too is alpha centric and how the omegas should  be demure and silent in bed and just let their husbands take the pleasure from them. So that too is not of much help. 

Secondly, as their clandestine meeting as betrothed is too improper to begin with. So not taking any risk regarding Lan Wangji's reputation has been Wei Wuxian's main priority. As he too is not without the risk of losing dignity, but still as an Emperor he has some leeways which his betrothed doesn't. 

Though after his first night's escapade, his bodyguard Xue Yang did catch him scaling the walls of Moon shine manor, and politely demanded an explanation, which he reluctantly given. Since Xue Yang is bearing the burden of protecting His Majesty, adding further burden on him with secret meetings is not a good idea. So when Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji are sharing a quiet peaceful moment with each other, Xue Yang stands guard just some distance away from them, hidden in shadows - looking for either any danger or for any wandering souls, especially Lans. 

A few nights ago,

After his Majesty's hasty retreat on horseback from Elegant Bamboo Garden, without even greeting the Queen Mother Xue Yang too had mounted his horse and followed His Majesty. 

Other maids and eunuchs were left behind, while the personal troop of soldiers of His Majesty too gave a chase after the Emperor and his bodyguard. 

After following his Majesty for a good minutes Xue Yang suddenly lost the man, he was a bit late to turn the road bend, resulting him losing the sight His Majesty's track, he stood for sometime at the junction of three roads leading towards three different directions. During that time the troop caught up with Xue Yang, the captain looks expectantly towards the head bodyguard for further instructions. 

Seeing the Xue Yang decides to send little groups in every directions and told them not to raise unnecessary alarms. After the troop divided themselves in three groups and followed the three routs, Xue Yang followed the group which has gone towards the East side. He kept a distance from them all the while thinking of possible places the Emperor could have gone.