The Not Quite Unofficial Proposal

Time passes at its own law, stopping for no one but changing too much in its wake. Years pass, the nation prospers under the rule of The crown prince and The dowager empress . The royal court is now called "the petticoat government" because of the involvement of The dowager empress , the ministers had tried earlier to remove her from authority, but the crown prince was immovable on this decision . Just as during the late emperor's era empress Sanren used to sit at the hidden gallery overlooking the court affairs, with The crown prince she continues to do so, her trusted bodyguard Mian-mian at her side. 

The three year mourning period is coming to an end, with it the date of crown prince's coronation is approaching. All the landlords, ministers of the empire are already informed, and the preparations are on going. Though to do anything auspicious during mourning period is unfavorable, some things like ordering coronation robes, preparing new accommodation for new emperor, preserving of wine to serve on the day, making invitation cards are must to start with time in hand.. There will be exactly one week time in between ending of mourning period and coronation day, and in that week a list of events are scheduled - archery, horse riding race, swimming, game of ball along with dancers and singers from renowned tea houses are coming to perform and entertain guests. Those seven days the palace is open to all, to come, enjoy, dine on food and wine..
So everyone is looking towards a hectic week, to be honest

Lan Xichen in his private residency office alloted in the palace is frowning over a report. He had joined the royal ministry nearly two and half years ago, a high ranking officer of accounts administration, not only because he's The crown Prince's friend but also for his capabilities. Nie Mingjue had also been appointed as the commander of special war battalion. Both stays in the palace as the custom requires,  happy to serve their friend. 

After Lan Zhan's presentation, he had been very clingy to his brother, so it had been troublesome when Lan Xichen had to leave upon being summoned to the palace

After Lan Zhan's presentation, he had been very clingy to his brother, so it had been troublesome when Lan Xichen had to leave upon being summoned to the palace. Lan Zhan's resentment towards The crown prince hadn't diminished, instead increased ten folds when The crown prince "stole his gege away'', and not letting Lan Zhan met him for 2years! Lan Zhan had made sure to describe as such in his letters to Xichen, and Xichen is in constant misery - because harboring resentful attitude towards the imperial family is as equal as to treason. Lan Zhan's innocent, heavily sheltered mind refuses to understand the importance  and significance of monarchy, though his words seem as a child throwing tantrums but still!...

Xichen misses his little didi, there is no doubt, but due to his too much work at the royal court alongside the prince , he hadn’t been able to visit home in the last 2years.