Just A Step Forward

I'm really sorry for this long long wait, but recently I found myself very lazy to write and loss of imagination. But thankfully I've been able to shook myself out of this, and now you have a chapter.

"To

Lan Wangji of Gusu Lan

Before anything else, as a friend of Xichen, I must confer that taking pride in one's sibling's achievement is the greatest joy, and not a sign of arrogance in any matter. This is a joy I've been denied off for being a single child,but later in life found a brother in both Xichen and Mingjue.

Fate refused me of biological siblings but gifted with true friends. Just as you described of fate's work of balance being.

But sometimes it has occurred to myself that fate itself indeed is cruel. It takes and takes from those who have little to begin with, whereas wealth comes unceasingly to those who have always been prosperous. Snatching shelters from the head of an orphan, while another is blessed with loving relatives.

Such is the way fate works, regardless of human pleadings and prayers.

But again as Lan Wangji had wisely said man mustn't sit and cower waiting for the blow of fate, but work and earn what is ours to earn. If a storm has destroyed a garden, the gardener doesn't abandon the land rather try to salvage the damage with better protection from any future calamities.

It is also known to myself the actions of Lord Lan during the last famine hit Gusu and its adjoining villages, it is not known to many but he had been a trusted friend to my deceased Royal father, and an adviser to this one, when crowned as a crown prince. Many of my Political prowesses are result of Lord Lan's teachings, please relay it to Lord Lan that I think of him with utmost respect of a teacher.

Young master Lan, know that your deliberate use of birth name in the previous letter has not been missed on me, it's an honor to be relied of one's personal name and my dearest wish is to relay mine to you as well. For we are to share the most intimate bond of all, and nothing should be hidden between us. But as for now I am not brave enough to either address you in such intimate way or to relay mine to you either, for it has been long enough I haven't heard it being said that my own birth name sounds foreign.

I prey that you understand my dilemma, and wait patiently until I'm as brave as you are.

In the mean time, while we are in private, feel free to address me with my given name, as I've promised to become your friend before anything else, friends should address each other with name rather a title or station.

Until next time,

Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian heaves a deep sigh as he finishes writing his recent letter to his betrothed and waits for it to dry.

He must admit, that he had thought of Lan Wangji to be an overgrown child without any understanding of the world outside. He certainly behaves in such manner, that its almost unbelievable how mature he sounds in his letters, which has been giving Wei Wuxian a pleasant insight of his future consort's thought process.

The soft, beautiful, gorgeous, innocent omega has such a decent grasp on philosophy, ethics, and subtle house politics. In return of his crass letter he has received a decently written, organised and kind letter in response. Encouraging the reader to convey their honest opinion without an unnecessary use of praise or over humbleness. Simply honest, polite opinion of one's own.

Personally he feels relieve. As the monarch, he needs his Emperor consort to have a sense of Justice, decent knowledge in politics and honesty.

He cannot afford to have someone of frivolous mind, pampered by family, and coddled to the extent of spoilt.