A New Future

It was wrong, the empress understood it a little late, to bring Lan Zhan with her in front of an army, who just returned from battle. By the time they have spotted the freshly returned troop splattered in blood, still in their armour Lan Zhan has also seen them, and an involuntary loud whimper had torn through his throat at the sight.

The crown prince stood at the front, face covered in blood. His mourning robe has changed color from white to muddy red. Beside him stood Lan Xichen , and NMJ in equal state. In front of them is lying the severed head of WX, peeking from the rag it was wrapped in. All of them are now looking at the empress and her retinue, especially a teary faced shuddering Lan Zhan , whose eyes now are transfixed on his blood covered brother Xichen.

Lan Xichen 's eyes widened, he involuntarily took a step towards his brother, but Lan Zhan was too terrified to recognize the good gesture, all he saw is the blood on his brother's face, his clothes drenched in blood. Beside whom stood the prince in equal state, but whose eyes has a wild look in them, as if they are out worldly, feral, almost animal and a very strong alpha smell covering the whole area, a dominating bitter stench overpowering every other thing.

The omega maids were cowering under such strong alpha aura, alphas were becoming agitated, even betas who doesn't have keen sense of smell are sweating at thr sight and smell. The maid who was holding Lan Zhan 's hand fell on ground weakly, Lan Zhan whimpers loudly and ran away from the place, tears streaming from his eyes, a haunted look in eyes, Lan Xichen tried to go that way but decides that would be counter productive, he was in dilemma when he saw Lan Zhan 's nurse maid running after the child with a hurried bow.

The empress was also feeling uncomfortable, but she marched upto the price, "crown prince control your emotions!" she called firmly

The empress was also feeling uncomfortable, but she marched upto the price, "crown prince control your emotions!" she called firmly. She voice seem to snap The crown prince from his head, and noticed the way his scent has become putrid without control of his. He apologetically lowered his head, and controlled the scent, everyone seem to breath a bit freely at that. The crown prince then bends to his knees and present the empress with the decapitated head of Wen Xu and said, "your highness, I WWX, The crown prince of this nation has rightfully avenged our wrongly fallen king, my father." his voice wavers s little, but he presses on, "Please accept the proof of my claim". The dowager empress , was looking at the head of Wen Xu until now, a strange kind of look in her eyes, tears pooling on the eyelashes but she blinked them away, and said in an authoritative voice, "CP, you have fulfilled your duties as a prince of nation and a filial son of a honest man. Though early, time has come for you to take the throne and lead the country towards prosperity." she paused a bit, then continues '"for three years the nation will mourn the loss of the king as is custom, and after that The crown prince will be coronated as the new king of the nation, until then the country would be ruled by The crown prince under the guidance of council and the dowager empress as is the norm."

TE took a deep breath before uttering the customary speech ,"the king is dead, long live the new king". Her voice echoing through the clearing, ringing from corner to corner, The crown prince stands up at the statement and the troop along with people of Cloud Recesses bends into kowtow, a chorus of "long live the new king" filled the sky, The crown prince looks up at the sky, a shaky breath escaping from his mouth, and he whispered, "father!".

That night the army rejoiced in victory, only two people didn't join the celebration, TE and The crown prince . They both knelt infront of the coffin of the late king, burned paper money, prayed for peace in the after lift for the late king, and supervised the sealing of the coffin. Tomorrow they are returning to the capital, to the palace, their home! To give the late king his final resting place, beside his ancestors. The crown prince held on to his mother in a supportive hug, The dowager empress 's eyes were wet, so was The crown prince 's. They now have only each other, a green leader of a huge nation, and a group of old and new councilors - familiar but equally strangers. The future is in need of making, in a new Light..

That night three more people spent a sleepless night, Lan Xichen , Lan Qiren and Lan Qinghen. While Lan Xichen sits beside his brother's bed, who is burning in a sudden high fever, the other two paced the lawn outside Lan Zhan 's quarter.. Healers tried their best to reduce the temperature but nothing worked...

When the sun rises, the royal family left with an escort of the royal army, guarding the carriage carrying the coffin, beside which in another carriage The dowager empress is riding, and The crown prince in front of the group leading on horseback, guarded by his Generals... Lan Qinghen, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen had came of see them off as is decorum, but after hearing of Lan Zhan 's illness, the empress had ushered them back, urging them to ask for help if needed.. The trio had bowed deeply to the empress's generosity, The crown prince pressed his friend's shoulder as a sign of assurance.. Lan Xichen was to too leave as an escort of royal family and join as a minister of royal court , but due to circumstances The crown prince had told him to delay his departure,which he is highly gratified of.. They stood at the gate of Cloud Recesses looking at the end part of the procession when a servant came running to them, he bowed and said, "clan leader! The second young Master's condition has deteriorated, the healers are at their wits end. Please hurry..." he couldn't even finish his sentence, Lan Xichen was already running towards his brother's room, fear and anxiety crawling through his throat, heart squeezing in the chest...

Two days later, with the break of fever Lan Zhan presented as an Omega.

---------------------------------------------------------
Like and comment your likes and dislikes.