Spring Is Not Long 3

Xue Yang had s little heartattack when Wei Wuxian practically ran out of the 'Hanshi' and jumped on to his horse. The threat of assassination is so great that he was about to yell to the guards to cover His Majesty and then himself go inside to investigate. But His Majesty blushed, then growled and stopped him from doing so, and now he is riding half a step behind Wei Wuxian in complete confused state. 

He'd lie if he says that he is not interested in knowing what made the Emperor do flustered in the first place. He tried to delicately ask the question but received a death glare in return every time. With an internally muttered curse he sighed to suppress his curiosity, and just keep an eye out for any hidden danger. 

On the other hand Wei Wuxian is struggling to keep his cool. He knew that the Lan entourage has already gone to Gusu, so what Lan Wangji is doing here is very confusing. 

'may be Xichen wanted him to stay for some more days. What if Lan Wangji was informed of the marriage and he decided to stay longer to meet me!', as soon as this thought crossed his mind he became more flustered, he internally slapped himself and packed that whole thought out of his mind to throw in the metaphorical river. 

Indulging in day dream wouldn't do him any good when he is supposed to attend court in next few hours. Also the punishment that Jin he threw in the dungeon a few days ago is still due, and Jin Guangshan might cause trouble. Wei Wuxian thought with a sour mood.

 He should call Xichen to discuss the matter, as it was his brother who was harassed by Jin something. 

Soon they reach the Red Lotus Dock, guards stands at their position to guard the manor, while maids and Xue Yang trails after Wei Wuxian. 

After usual morning routine, Wei Wuxian went to his newly made study to skim over the reports which are going to be discussed at court today. 

This study room is bigger and separated from his sleeping parlor, unlike the previous one. Queen Cangse insisted that now that he is emperor, he's going to visit people outside of court in his study. So a separate study is must to have, as he can no longer allow people to enter his private chambers. 

This one is a south facing hall, with his personal library instilled at a side, on the other desks and shelves for documents. 

His own desk is facing the door on a dias, and visitors to sit on the opposite. A really satisfying arrangement. 

After court lady Po finishes pouring tea for The Majesty, Wei Wuxian tells her to summon minister Lan in the study, but before she can do so, the eunuch announces the arrival of minister Lan and his brother young master Lan. 

Wei Wuxian was beside himself with surprise, his face morphed into a shocked expression by the arrival of the person he so dearly covets. Hiding the shock he gestured towards court lady Po to escort the visitors into the study. 

Entering the study both Lan brothers kowtowed towards the emperor, with proper greetings, "a thousand greetings to his majesty, a thousand years of prosperity" and rise when Wei Wuxian acknowledge their greetings with "you may rise". He asked both to sit opposite him, court lady Po pours tea for all before retreating to a corner of the room. 

Wei Wuxian looks at Lan brothers expectantly, giving them the privilege to speak first, and Lan Wangji just beats his brother by blurting out, 

"your Majesty, Please don't punish Huan dada!!." 

A heavy frown etched it's way on Wei Wuxian's forehead, 'why the hell I need to punish Xichen?' he thought to himself, but stayed quiet to listen more of the beautiful voice. 

(He is already besotted with Lan Wangji, don't blame him!!) 

Receiving no response, Lan Wangji jumped into an explanation thinking that the emperor mustn't have understood his words, "this morning, dada was practicing, and Wangji was playing with rabbits when his majesty visited dada's quarter, and no one announced your arrival so no one was there to greet his majesty!!." 

'aahh! So that's the reason, but I've already talked to Xichen and dismissed his worry, so why..' Wei Wuxian's thought process came a screeching halt hearing Lan Wangji's next words. 

"... But Wangji saw someone's end of robe through the door gap, and recognized his majesty's scent from the door frame. It is a mix of' cinnamon, lotus and bon fire', which is very nice, Wangji liked it, and that's how Wangji knew it was his majesty who was there!" ending his monologue Lan Wangji looks at his brother and Wei Wuxian with too much pride, unknowingly caused a little heartattack to the emperor of the nation by saying that he was able to recognize his scent also liked it to memories! 

The two alphas sit there flabbergasted , for two different reasons.

 After regaining his  wit, Wei Wuxian clears his throat then speaks, "young master Lan, this morning I indeed went to meet minister Lan at his quarter. It was an unofficial visit so in order not to cause chaos I forbid the announcer to announce my presence. There is no reason to punish anyone for a crime they hasn't committed ". His deep voice resonates through the quiet of the study room, thruming in Lan Wangji's heart as a well tuned Giqin. 

A faint scent of the alpha can be smelled from everything inside the room, wrapping Lan Wangji's omega in a warm comfort feeling. Making him feel soft, pliant, and pleased. 

He smiles a soft smile towards the Emperor and thanked him earnestly. 

He doesn't understand why he feels so safe around the emperor, when he should be scared, rather Lan Wangji feels an attraction towards the older one, like he wants to know him inside out and in return let the man know him too. In hope of understanding this weird feeling he looks at the emperor just to find that the man too is looking intently at him. 

Lan Wangji tilts his head to left still looking towards the Emperor , a subconscious gesture of him to show confusion which paints him in a lovely innocent picture to Wei Wuxian. 

Unbeknownst to Lan Wangji, his omega has recognized Wei Wuxian as their alpha years ago. Triggered his first heat, sensing the troubled emotion of then crown prince. Three years ago on that day when Lan Wangji witnessed the bloody gore rampage created by Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji's omega tried to break through the natural rule of presentation just to sooth its alpha, but Lan Wangji's unpresented body couldn't take the toll leading to premature first heat. 

After hearing the Emperor's words, a beautiful smile blooms on Lan Wangji's lips, his face lights up with thousand suns. Wei Wuxian's eyes goes soft witnessing that innocent smile.

 Lan Xichen was too much surprised to see his friend the emperor showing such benevolence, he smiles a secret smile of his, 'it seems that the Queen Mother's half of the tensions are for nothing.' He sighs secretly, though he is happy that if everything goes well then his dear brother will marry the emperor, his childhood friend. But Lan Xichen is also sad knowing that after marriage his brother will not be the same as he is now. His young shoulders will bear a weight of responsibility bigger than anyone can imagine. But again better it be the emperor Wuxian, who Xichen has known his all life than any random noble Lord! 

After sometime Wei Wuxian excuses himself to get ready for the court, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji bids the emperor farewell before Lan Xichen went to the Archive to get some important treaties for today's court discussion, and Lan Wangji was sent back to the quarter with court lady Choi. 

The rest of the day goes by as like everyday, but in the heart of two people there was a difference remembering the moments of morning. 

That night despite being tired it takes Wei Wuxian lot of time to fall asleep, while Lan Wangji slept cuddling his rabbits dreaming a beautiful dream featuring the Emperor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know a very late update with a relatively short chapter.
I've been very busy with my exams these past two weeks, and wasnhas no time to write anything or update.

The updates will be regular so don't worry... Hope you enjoy...