Spring Breeze🌡️

Sickie: Seonghwa

Caregivers: Hongjoong & Yeosang

No one's POV.:

Seonghwa hated spring, always had. Suffering from seasonal allergies, springtime always meant torture for the oldest member of Ateez. He could tell winter was over by the stickiness holding his eyelids closed when he woke up one morning. After finally blinking his eyes open, Seonghwa groaned, followed by an itchy cough. His nose had become almost entirely blocked over the course of the night and he couldn't decide where to rub first, his eyes or his nose. He opted for scrubbing his entire face in an attempt to get rid of the itch even though he knew it'd be in vain. Seonghwa sat up as he heard Hongjoong shuffling around their shared room. He was just glancing over at the leader, when the younger opened the blinds. Although he had only glanced into the light for a brief moment, Seonghwa felt his nose overtaken by the tickle, quickly ducking his face into his blanket. "hISH'iew! *sniff*" - "Good morning", Hongjoong chuckled, glancing over his shoulder. Clearing his throat, the older hummed a scratchy: "Good morning." He shuffled out of bed and trudged to the bathroom to get ready, already dreading the day ahead.

Glancing into the mirror, Seonghwa cringed at the irritated red around his eyes. They were already slightly swollen and he hadn't even applied makeup yet. After he splashed some water on his face, he had to resist scrubbing it dry with his towel, knowing it would only bring temporary relief and he'd look even worse afterwards. With the scratchy feeling in his throat, Seonghwa didn't really feel like eating anything and instead made himself a cup of tea, hoping it'd at least feel better for a moment. Hongjoong shot him a worried look as everyone else had at least a small breakfast but the older gave him a smile. Everything was fine. Catching the members' attention, the leader announced their schedule for the day. The seasons were changing, so they'd have an outdoor photoshoot, hoping to capture a few of the early blooming trees. Seonghwa almost dropped his head on the table in despair. Outside was the exact place he didn't want to be right now. Finishing his tea, he headed back to his room and quickly dropped his box of antihistamines into his bag. Seonghwa knew he couldn't take while they still had to work but maybe he could take them on his way back to the dorm, so he wouldn't feel as awful once he returned.

His allergies had always been bad and could only be eased by very strong antihistamines, which would unfortunately leave him too drowsy to do anything other than sleep. Taking them while having to work was definitely out of question but Seonghwa did consider it for the briefest of moments. He was glad he had their room to himself for a moment and plucked a handful of tissues from the box beside his bed. Taking a seat on the edge of his mattress, he blew his nose and was surprised by how many tissues he went through. By the time he was done, his nostrils had taken a faint pink shade and his head ached with a dull pressure. A sinus-headache was just what he needed, he thought bitterly, shoving a travel-pack of tissues into the back pocket of his jeans. Just as he was about to join his group to head out for their photoshoot, Seonghwa felt his nose itch again. Pausing at the door of his room, he clamped the cuff of his sleeve over the lower half of his face and caught two forceful sneezes. He winced at the pain in his forehead and gave his nose one last firm rub before exiting his room and putting on a smile for his dongsaengs.

The group was in high spirits, most of the members excited that winter was finally over and it was getting warmer again. Seonghwa too pretended to be happy about the change, though when he met eyes with Yeosang, he could tell the younger didn't buy it. Considering they had some time till they'd arrive at their destination, Seonghwa allowed his eyes to close and quickly dozed off, the noise of hyper friends not bothering him in the slightest. He was way too out of it to feel bothered by anything other than his incredibly itchy face but his eyes didn't itch as bad when they were closed, so that was probably a win. Seonghwa hadn't intended to fall asleep, resting his eyes yes but sleeping? It was Yunho who shook him awake, Hongjoong busy directing the members to the dressing rooms where they'd meet their stylists before heading into the blooming gardens for their shoot. Seonghwa instantly regretted his involuntary nap the moment he opened his eyes as they had become even stickier than they had been this morning. Trying to wake himself up properly, he scrubbed his eyes harshly, well aware of the scolding from his stylist that would await him once he stepped foot into the building.