Uncooperative patient🌡️

Happy birthday to ComicCanWrite
<333

Sickie: Seonghwa

Caregivers: Hongjoong, San, Wooyoung

No one's POV.:

Hongjoong would've loved to say he was surprised when he woke up to Seonghwa puking over the side of his bed in the middle of the night but truth be told, he wasn't. With a silent curse, the leader snatched the bucket from next to his own bed and held it under Seonghwa's chin just in time to catch the next round. "I-I'm sorry", the oldest choked out before lurching forward again. Hongjoong took a seat on the bed next to him, careful to avoid the puddle on the floor. Resting his hand between Seonghwa's shoulder blades, the leader hummed: "Don't worry about it. Sorry you couldn't escape our germs." The older shuddered as he ducked his head into the bucket again. Sweat trailed down the side of his face and his eyes watered as his throat hurt worse with every retch. "Do you think you're okay for now?", Hongjoong asked softly when his hyung hadn't brought anything up in a few minutes. Seonghwa shrugged, his stomach was still bubbly but he might catch a break. Promising the older to be right back, Hongjoong took a quick trip to the bathroom to clean out the bucket before returning to collect his friend.

Seonghwa's head felt light when Hongjoong helped him to his feet and he greatly relied on the leader's support to get him to the bathroom in one piece. Too dizzy to sit on the toilet lid, the oldest plopped down on the rug and rested his back against the bathtub, drawing his knees up to his chin, so he could rest his forehead on them. Hongjoong ran a towel under cool water and crouched in front of him, whispering: "Please lift your head for me." Unwillingly doing so, Seonghwa squeezed his eyes shut and shivered, while the younger dabbed the sweat off his forehead before wiping his lips and chin. "Do you want me to get you a fresh shirt? Something less sweaty might help with the chills", Hongjoong offered, folding the damp towel and draping it across the other's neck. Shaking his head, Seonghwa shifted onto his knees and flipped the toilet seat up. He rested his hand on his bloated middle, panting: "Don't wan' a fresh shirt... Wan' this to stop." - "I know, hyung", Hongjoong sighed, rubbing the other's back through his sweat-soaked shirt.

While the leader comforted Seonghwa through the next bout of vomiting, another member had woken up from the commotion. San gently removed Wooyoung's arms from his waist and slipped out of bed. There was light streaming through the gap underneath the bathroom door and he winced when he heard a painful heave. Lightly tapping the bathroom door as a warning, San poked his head in and was relieved to see that Hongjoong wasn't as pale anymore and seemed to have the situation handled. When the leader gave him a thumbs-up, San made his way to the bedroom the two oldest members shared.

Knowing how much Seonghwa hated messes or general untidiness, San collected some cleaning supplies and mopped up the floor before picking up the empty water bottles and packs of crackers. He returned the empty cups to the kitchen and brewed a fresh pot of ginger tea, stripping the sweat-dampened sheets off his hyung's bed while he waited for the tea to steep. When San had put fresh sheets on the bed, he picked out a shirt and made his way to the bathroom. It was good that he did because Hongjoong was having his troubles convincing Seonghwa to take off his shirt, despite the oldest shaking like a leaf. "Your chills aren't going to get any better if you keep it on", the leader tried again, looking at San for help. San handed the shirt to Hongjoong and wet a small towel with very warm water, humming: "This is going to be nice and warm, don't you think it'd be really comfy to get the sticky one off and finally warm up?" Seonghwa eventually allowed Hongjoong to remove his shirt and grimaced when goosebumps spread on his skin but San was quick, wiping the sweat off his back and chest with a warm towel and hurrying to dry him off. Once he had put on his fresh shirt, Seonghwa felt a little less disgusting, though it didn't have much effect on the chills but he doubted there'd be anything that would.