Long Night🌡️

Sickie: Wooyoung

Caregivers: Ateez

No one's POV.:

Wooyoung had been coming down with a cold for days now, the first sign being a faint ache in his throat, that could have easily come from overworking himself during vocal practice. He soon had to learn it wasn't that though. When the coughing started, Wooyoung knew he had managed to catch a cold. Thinking back, he figured it had probably come from when he had walked back to their dorm after a lengthy dance practice and still sweating, had felt to hot to wear his coat, carrying it over his arm instead. Although he deeply regretted his actions that night, his remorse changed nothing about his current situation. Their schedule had mostly consisted of vocal practice and Wooyoung was glad it did, despite the ache in his throat. He felt way too run down to power through hours of dancing and with them all having their individual practice sessions, hopefully none of the members would notice the second youngest not being his usual cheerful self. The vocal coach too didn't catch on to Wooyoung's struggle because even though his throat burned, his voice sounded mostly normal, a bit scratchy from time to time but that was all and the dancer did his best to keep the coughing to a minimum.

By the time his schedule was over though, Wooyoung was surprised he still had some voice left though it hurt to use it. He had read that spending time outside was good for the immune system and decided to walk back to the dorm. This time he made sure to wear his jacket though, and he zipped it up all the way, trying to cover as much of his neck as he could. His sore muscles complained as Wooyoung started his walk, the cold winter wind still finding its way under his coat, making his shiver. Breathing the cold air made his lungs burn and nose run, the boy barely able to go a few minutes without coughing. Maybe this hadn't been the best idea but being already halfway to the dorm, he wouldn't stop now. By the time, Wooyoung stumbled into their dorm, he couldn't really feel his fingers anymore, which had turned mostly white. Still shivering, he shrugged out of his coat and hung it on the rack in the hallway. Seonghwa and Jongho were preparing dinner for the group, when they heard Wooyoung coughing from the hallway. Stepping out to greet the younger, Seonghwa frowned worriedly: "You didn't really walk all the way here, did you? Your ears are bright red." - "I-It's kinda cold out", Wooyoung replied sheepishly, trying to keep his teeth from chattering, "I need to go check whether my toes are still there, 'cause I can't really feel them right now." The oldest looked at him with wide eyes before ushering him to the bathroom, instructing: "Take a hot shower! I'm getting you some warm clothes because you're probably going to catch a cold."

Wooyoung didn't argue because one, he really wanted to warm up and two, he wasn't going to catch a cold. Feeling the hot water run down his body and he only now realized how stiff he had been, slowly relaxing his muscles as he warmed up. Over the running water, he heard Seonghwa knock as a warning before the older stepped in placing a fresh set of clothes on the sink, informing: "I picked out the clothes that looked the warmest. When you're done join us for dinner." - "Will do", Wooyoung agreed, "By the way, my toes are still there." Shaking his head at the younger, Seonghwa left to help Jongho finish dinner. They could still hear their friend cough even with the sound of the shower running and when they all had dinner together, he was uncharacteristically quiet.

Not feeling like he had enough energy left to hang out with the rest of the group, Wooyoung headed to his room, that he shared with Yeosang and Jongho. Seonghwa had been right, those clothes were the warmest he owned but he still felt cold even after his shower. Coughing into his fist, he plopped down on his bed. What had he gotten himself into? Wooyoung dropped his head into his hands and rubbed his face, trying to ease the headache that had been building all day, when the door quietly opened. He looked up when he heard the click of the door closing and found Yeosang making his way over to his own bed. "Everything alright? You don't usually go to bed this early", the older asked softly, giving his friend a questioning look. Nodding, Wooyoung drew his legs up to his chest and admitted: "I'm not going to bed yet, just felt pretty cold after my walk earlier and decided to warm up under my blanket." - "Ah, I see", Yeosang hummed, giving him a smile, "Are you going to be bored all by yourself?" The younger shook his head, holding up his phone, chuckling: "I'll probably just play games for a while before going to bed." He found it hilarious how the other asked him if he needed company, despite not liking to show his feelings openly, he still cared.