Of blocks and cars🍼

Little: Mingi

Caregivers: Hongjoong & Yunho

No one's POV.:

Closing the door to their dorm and leaning his back against it, Mingi breathed a sigh of relief as he slid down to sit on the floor. He had just gotten home and realized that he was alone at the dorm. He had felt on the verge of slipping ever since he had woken up that morning but kept pushing the fuzzy feeling down, developing an intense headache before the morning was over. Mingi couldn't remember how he had gotten back to the dorm but it also didn't really matter to him. The moment the door closed behind him, he gave into his headspace and sitting on the floor struggled to untie his laces, so he'd be able to take off his shoes. Eventually, he just used all of his strength to pull them off, despite the laces still being tied. Shuffling to his room, Mingi changed into an oversized shirt and comfortable dungarees. It was his favorite littlespace outfit and he had waited weeks to be able to wear it again. Usually, the rapper had no problems hiding his headspace from the rest of the group because he had a room to himself but with their busy schedules, slipping in the evening usually just meant him going to bed with a plushie in his arms and a pacifier between his lips. It had been a while since Mingi had been able to slip in the afternoon.

When he had changed, he slipped his blue pacifier between his lips and pulled a box from under his bed. Small littlegear items like his pacifier and teether were kept in a small box in his bedside drawer but the rest of his toys were stored under his bed. First, Mingi pulled out his sippy cup and remembered that he needed to drink enough, especially when he had a headache, which hadn't completely disappeared yet. With his teddy in one arm and the sippy cup in his hand, the rapper waddled to the kitchen and filled his sippy with cold juice straight from the fridge. When he took a sip, he couldn't suppress a small shiver running down his back before taking his drink back to his room. It wasn't like Mingi had many toys but he had some blocks and a handful of toy cars, which he now dumped onto the floor of his room. One of his favorite activities was to build parkours with the blocks and push his cars through them. On his knees, the little crawled around the room and set up his blocks before laying out his cars. When everything was prepared, Mingi reached for sippy cup and finished half of his juice, his headache mostly gone by now. Then he took his favorite toy car and started pushing it through the parkour, making quiet 'vroom'-noises.

At the company building, Hongjoong was waiting for the other rapper. They had planned to meet up, so they could work on a song together but so far, the younger hadn't shown up. Remembering that Mingi had spent most of the morning with Eden to get some teaching on producing, Hongjoong made his way to the other studio but ran into Eden on the way there. To his surprise, he learned that the older had sent Mingi home almost an hour ago. "Yeah, he complained of a headache but acted really emotional and out of it, so I was pretty sure he also had a fever", Eden explained, "It was at least enough to give me a weird gut-feeling, so I asked him to text me once he had made it back to the dorm but it's been almost an hour and he hasn't sent any message." That worried Hongjoong greatly because his dongsaeng was usually reliable, so if he hadn't texted yet, something had to be wrong. He thanked Eden and already quickened his pace, wanting to get to the dorm as fast as possible, taking the route Mingi too would've taken, so he could find him in case he hadn't arrived. On his way to the exit, Hongjoong bumped into Yunho, who had taken a short coffee break. Sadly, he hadn't seen the younger either while he was out but was adamant, he'd join the leader in his search. Something about the whole situation just didn't feel right.

The two took the same route Mingi would've taken on his way to the dorm but didn't see any sign of him on the way there, so they went to check the dorm. A huge weight lifted off their chests, when they found their dongsaeng's shoes by the front door, despite them being abandoned right in front of the door and not placed with the other shoes. The laces were still tied but at least, their presence meant Mingi had to be there too. The dorm was eerily quiet but when they got closer to the younger's room, they heard some funny noises. Hongjoong knocked but got no reply, so he knocked again, calling his dongsaeng's name, but the little was so focused on driving his toy car through the parkour of blocks without touching any of the blocks, that he didn't notice the return of his hyungs. Getting progressively worried, the leader eventually just opened the door and froze. Mingi sat on the floor, a toy car in his hand and a pacifier bobbing between his lips. Frozen in shock, Mingi's eyes slowly wandered to look at the intruders and he tensed. This was not something their leader had ever been supposed to see.