But if you stay, you'll get sick too🌡️

Sickie: San

Caregiver: Hongjoong & Wooyoung

No one's POV.:

San couldn't tell how long he had lain awake staring at the ceiling. They had returned to the dorm about two hours ago and while San had gone straight to bed just like the rest of the group, he just couldn't fall asleep. He had been a little uneasy all day but couldn't tell where the tension was coming from, all he knew was that he had to fall asleep fast if he didn't want to be wrecked completely tomorrow. His stomach gave a low rumble and San lightly ran his hand over his middle. It was probably just nerves over having to face a full day of schedule while being sleep-deprived, so he didn't think much of it. Until he sat up that was. Desperate to fall asleep, San decided to go to the kitchen and have some water but as soon as he was upright, his head spun and he broke into a sweat. Drawing in a shaky breath, he rested his head in his hands and waited for the dizzy spell to pass.

When San finally deemed it safe to move, his muscles protested the movement aching deeply as he got to his feet. Every step towards the kitchen seemed to take unspeakable effort and by the time he reached his destination, he was drenched in sweat. San grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and downed a few sips before resting his forehead against one of the kitchen cabinets. He had felt kind of rundown all day but that had been nothing compared to what he felt now. Bracing himself against the kitchen counter, San lowered himself to the ground. He felt faint all of a sudden and weakly leant against the wall as he stretched out his sore legs in front of him. The cold water in his stomach made him shiver as goosebumps spread down his arms and legs but he was still glad he had had some water because it might help the headache, that was forming behind his brow.

"What are you doing out here, Sannie?", Hongjoong yawned as he approached his dongsaeng in the dark. Too dazed with sleep, San didn't manage to answer the leader but his stomach did so for him, giving a loud groan. Taken aback at the sound, Hongjoong muttered: "Upset stomach?" Humming in confirmation, San took a deep breath. "Can't sleep", he admitted quietly, dropping his head back against the wall. Scratching his head, Hongjoong offered: "Do you want some tea? See if it settles your stomach so you can sleep...." The younger didn't feel like he had anything to lose and weakly nodded his head. However, he made no move to get up or out of the way as Hongjoong stepped around him to turn on the kettle and grab a cup. "Why don't you go and sit on the couch?", the older asked as he watched San shudder. The kitchen tiles were cold, so no wonder the other felt chilled.

Hongjoong didn't get a reply and expectantly glanced down at his dongsaeng. "Help?", the leader asked and San nodded weakly. His hands were clammy when he gripped Hongjoong's and his vision darkened for a moment upon being upright. The leader's brows furrowed in concern as he supported the younger to the couch. Sure, San could be dramatic at times but right now, he was just so out of it. Plus, his skin felt unusually warm to the touch, so Hongjoong suspected he might as well be running a fever. "Wait here and I'll get your tea", the leader instructed.

Protectively wrapping his arm around his stomach, San curled up on the couch. His eyes stung as he finally accepted that he had most likely come down with something because simple indigestion couldn't explain the amount of discomfort he was experiencing. He swallowed hard as Hongjoong approached him with the steaming cup of peppermint tea. The leader placed the cup onto the coffee table to let it cool down a little first and hummed: "How long have you felt bad for?" San shrugged as he drew his legs up to his chest. "Just felt tired and rundown but when I went to bed and couldn't fall asleep, it just progressively felt more wrong", he yawned, rubbing at his reddened eyes. "You felt pretty warm to me just now. Did you take your temperature or do you feel like you might have a fever", Hongjoong asked softly as he studied his pale dongsaeng in the dim light. San gave a hesitant nod, admitting: "I'm really sweaty but cold, my head hurts and my whole body just aches, so... I think that's a fever." The older hummed in agreement, getting to his feet to retrieve the thermometer.