Hey, wake up!🍼🧸

Little: San

Caregivers: Seonghwa & Mingi

No one's POV.:

San hadn't been able to slip into his headspace for quite some time. The group had been far too busy to allow him some little-time during the day and at night, he felt too guilty to keep his caregivers up. Things had been complicated ever since they had moved into their new dorms anyway. Back when the entire group still lived together, San could usually estimate which member was the least stressed and would go to them for help but now his options had been reduced to only two members, so chances of finding someone, who wasn't too busy had shrank significantly. To make matters worse, he also hadn't been sleeping well lately. It had only been insomnia at first but as time passed, he started to have nightmares during the short intervals, when he finally managed to drift off. The changes were evident in San's behavior, though the members didn't know the cause. He had stopped fooling around with his friends, growing more withdrawn and quieter, the more time passed. His smile barely ever reached his eyes and his dancing lacked the passion and energy he usually had.

It was safe to say that San was exhausted, both physically and mentally and the members were starting to grow concerned for their friend. "What's on your mind?", Wooyoung asked softly as the two of them laid sprawled out on the practice room floor, both still panting from the last run-through. Though San had nailed all the moves perfectly, he hadn't found any joy in dancing, no matter how much he usually loved it. If he hadn't already been so incredibly sore from the lack of sleep and if his head wasn't pounding the way it was, he might have enjoyed today's schedule but right now, all he wanted was his bed, a warm blanket and Shiber. Resting his head on Wooyoung's arm, the older hummed: "Nothing really. Too tired to have anything in mind and the headache would make it close to impossible to worry 'bout anything anyway." – "Are you sick?", Wooyoung frowned, gently carding the sweat-soaked strands of hair out of San's face, so he could look at him properly. San slightly shook his head and sighed: "Not sick, just drained. These schedules have been running me down." – "That's not surprising", the younger chuckled sadly, "It's truly been intense lately. You should go to bed early tonight, hm?" The other almost laughed at that. What good was there in going to bed early if it meant to lay awake for the next few hours before finally falling asleep just to startle awake with a racing heart.

"You know, we have a day off tomorrow", Wooyoung smiled, "How about some little-time? I could give you lots of cuddles and after sleeping in and having an afternoon nap, you'll feel livelier." – "I'd love that actually", San breathed. He had been afraid to ask the members to watch over him while he had a little-day although he knew he really needed one, so Wooyoung's offer was his lifeline to complete the last few hours of dance practice for the day. Seonghwa too seemed to have caught on to San's headache and made sure to bring him his water bottle when the younger just plopped down on the floor during their breaks. Since Hongjoong knew that San wasn't the only one exhausted from the past weeks of schedule, he made sure to give the boys frequent breaks and tried to motivate them just to power through a little longer.

"Here, wear your coat", Yunho instructed, helping San slip his arm into the sleeve. Looking up at his hyung, the boy gave a soft pout as he waited for the older to zip his coat for him. Unsure whether San had slipped now that they were about to go home, Yunho carefully closed the zipper and ruffled his dongsaeng's hair, smiling: "Go and get some rest, okay? You look winded." San gave a tiny nod, his shoulders slouching as he slung the strap of his bag over it. Pulling his friend into a hug, Wooyoung reminded: "Have a shower and go to bed soon." With San too tired to reply, Seonghwa wrapped his arm around his dongsaeng's shoulders and guided him to the car, so they could go home.

Seonghwa and Mingi gave San the first turn showering, so he'd be able to go to bed right after but little did they know that it'd barely make a difference. Though San used a lavender soap, which he had bought not too long ago thinking it'd help him relax, he just wouldn't feel sleepy. He dressed in his softest pajama and put on fuzzy socks but barely found any comfort in it. Stretching out on his bed, he sighed as he allowed his tight muscles to relax and placed Shiber onto his tummy. His mind grew fuzzy as he ran his fingers down the plushie's back and he contemplated just slipping into his headspace already before realizing that he couldn't. As he had gotten used to the members taking care of him, San needed lots of affection to put him into his headspace, so slipping on his own was close to impossible. Considering the late hour, he didn't want to go and bother Seonghwa or Mingi and reminded himself that Wooyoung had already promised to ease him into it tomorrow.