Hiding an illness🌡️

Sickie: Yeosang

Caregivers: Ateez

No one's POV.:

Yeosang's eyes watered as he picked up his head. He couldn't remember how long he had been out but it had to have been a while because his legs cramped and his back ached. With a shaky hand, Yeosang flushed the toilet, not wanting to look at his stomach contents again. When he got to his feet, his vision darkened around the edges, forcing him to hold onto the sink. After taking a few deep breaths to ride out the dizziness, Yeosang washed his hands and took a look at himself in the mirror. Gosh, he looked dreadful. Rinsing his mouth with water a couple of times, he reached for the mouthwash. While he swished the minty liquid around his mouth, glad to finally get that foul taste off his tongue, he splashed some cold water into his face. If he hadn't been so incredibly tired, Yeosang would've taken a shower, disgusted that he had actually fallen asleep with his arms crossed on the toilet seat.

Taking his temperature, Yeosang bit his lip. This wasn't good. They'd have a pretty packed day ahead, their alarms set to go off in about two hours, yet here he was barely having gotten any sleep. When he had first gone to bed, Yeosang hadn't been able to fall asleep for over an hour, his stomach twisting painfully no matter how he curled up in his bed. He could already feel the onset of a fever then, the slight chills as he pulled his blanket tighter without feeling any warmer. It hadn't taken long after he fell asleep for him to wake up feeling so much worse. Yeosang had barely made it out of bed and to the bathroom in time to be sick. Afraid he wouldn't get any rest if he didn't manage to calm his stomach down, he had dragged himself to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. It still sat untouched on the coffee table in the living room. Yeosang had settled on the couch as he waited for his tea to cool but before he got a chance to drink it, his stomach had rebelled again, sending him back to the bathroom, where he eventually fell asleep.

With his arm wrapped protectively around his tummy, Yeosang trudged back to the living room. Sure enough, his tea was cold now. He wasn't even sure he'd be able to keep it down so he just dumped it into the sink and filled a hot water bottle instead. His abs were sore already, which didn't help the cramps in the slightest, so he took his hot water bottle and headed back to bed. Yeosang hugged the hot water bottle to his middle as he pulled his blanket all the way up to his chin, trying to ease the chills but there was no use. If he was lucky, he could get one more hour of sleep before they'd have to get up for work.

Of course, Yeosang hadn't been lucky. He had spent the past hour in a daze with his head thumping and his stomach churning. When his alarm rang, he just wanted to cry. They'd be so busy today and he felt completely overwhelmed by the intense schedule as he slipped the still comfortably warm hot water bottle under his pillow to hide it. It was only then that Yeosang realized what amount of comfort it had brought him. He shuddered as he kicked off his blanket. Swinging his legs over the side of his bed, the boy sat up and needed a moment to get his head to stop spinning. Today would be hell.

They started the day with an interview, which Yeosang was all to happy about. He could just sit and look pretty while the other members, mainly Hongjoong, did the talking. Well, looking pretty was a little difficult but the makeup artist worked her magic and he turned out looking decent enough. Since he still had to wait for the other member to be done with their hair and makeup, Yeosang figured he should try to get some more rest. It wasn't easy in a dressing room buzzing with people but he found a somewhat quiet corner. He winced as he slipped one hand under his shirt, softly palming his bloated tummy. Had his mind not been muddled by fever, Yeosang would've questioned why it was so suspiciously peaceful in the waiting area. He startled when someone plopped down next to him.

"Hey", Yunho smiled, "You look like you didn't sleep a wink." Pulling his knees up to his chest, Yeosang shrugged: "Wasn't much, I guess." – "Wooyoung and San are out getting coffee and maybe a small bite for breakfast. Schedules have been changed, so the interview will be delayed and we won't have time to eat before dance practice", Yunho informed. So that was where the chaos-kids were. Yeosang nodded in acknowledgement. He wouldn't have found the energy to get up right now anyway. "Do you wanna try and get some more sleep before the interview? You look exhausted", the older hummed, "Here, you can put your head on my shoulder." Though a little tense at the sudden skinship, Yeosang allowed Yunho to guide his head. The dancer's shoulder was surprisingly comfortable and breathing a quiet 'thanks' Yeosang closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep.