Where have you been?🌡️

Sickie: Wooyoung

Caregivers: Ateez

No one's POV.:

Wooyoung had been having a hard time lately. After reading a few rude comments on his fancams, he had started to spend more time in the practice room, working hard to improve his moves. He often skipped meals in favor of getting some extra practice time in, which greatly worried his friends. It eventually got to the point that Hongjoong banned him from staying at the company building after their schedule. They did make a few exceptions, when there was really something that had to be improved quickly but even in those cases, someone had to stay back with him and make sure he wouldn't take it too far. When Hongjoong had to stay late at the company, it was usually either Seonghwa, Yeosang or San, who made sure the younger was at the dorm with them. If he wasn't with them, they assured he was with either his family or friends but at least not practicing on his own and overworking himself. Wooyoung was frustrated with his hyungs tracking his every move and although he could see where they were coming from, he hated being belittled like that. If other members of the group could work till late into the night, he could too. He had been doing better, slowly getting used to going home with his friends and they made sure to keep him busy, so he wouldn't even get the chance to think about working. The other members were also glad they had Wooyoung back. The Wooyoung they knew, who was fun and energetic, not the one worked half to death, barely awake during the day because he'd been dancing through the night.

The dancer was happy to finally have some of his energy back too, realizing just how much of a difference a proper amount of sleep made. His muscles weren't as painfully sore either and he finally found joy in fooling around with the other members of his group again. That didn't last forever though and only two weeks after he had gotten better, he woke up to a bad headache. Wooyoung didn't know where it had come from as he had gone to bed early and had drank enough water over the course of the previous day. Rolling out of bed, he shuddered as the cold air hit his skin and dragged his achy body to the kitchen to get some water in hopes of easing the headache some. He barely made it there as the ground seemed to shift beneath his feet and he braced himself against the wall to keep himself from toppling over. After Wooyoung had downed a glass of water, he glanced at the clock, realizing that they didn't have to get up yet. Their alarms wouldn't go off until one hour later, so he hobbled his way back to bed, hoping he wouldn't wake his roommates. He crawled into bed and pulled the blanket tightly around him to trap some warmth underneath it.

Luckily, when Wooyoung woke up to their alarm, he didn't feel as dizzy anymore. Sure, his head was still pounding and his limbs heavy but he managed to drag himself out of bed to join his friends at the breakfast table. Smelling the food made the dancer's stomach turn and he quickly changed his course towards the bathroom to brush his teeth instead. Somehow, Wooyoung managed to trigger his gag reflex while brushing his teeth, shuddering from the increasing nausea as he settled for just using mouthwash for the fear of making himself sick. He wasn't sure what exactly was wrong with him but he didn't feel good. Not deeming it safe to have breakfast at all, he went back to his room to get dressed. On the way to his room, Hongjoong passed him, reminding him to have breakfast and he nodded absentmindedly before ducking into his room. Yeosang frowned at him when he found the younger dressed but spaced out on his bed. "Wooyoung-ah?", Yeosang called, trying to get his friend's attention, "Wooyoung-ah! Did you go back to sleep? We need to leave soon and you didn't have breakfast yet." – "Oh, yeah, I'm not hungry. I'll eat something later", the younger shrugged, checking the time on his phone. They'd have a short dance practice this morning followed by individual schedules. His was vocal lessons, luckily. He already doubted he'd get through the first dance practice without passing out or throwing up.

Wooyoung remained mostly quiet on their way to the company building, too out of it to have a conversation. Hongjoong had confirmed with Seonghwa whether their dongsaeng had eaten breakfast after he had told him too and was disappointed to find out he hadn't. They'd have to keep a closer eye on him again it seemed. Maybe it was just a bad day and he'd get back to taking care of himself well after that. As long as they made sure he wouldn't fall into another vicious cycle of overworking himself, Wooyoung should be fine. Wooyoung himself was well aware that he wouldn't be fine but he was afraid if he mentioned not feeling well, they'd blame it on his self-destructive habits and he wasn't in the mood for any 'I told you so's. When he climbed out of the van, a sharp cramp flashed across his abdomen, making him flinch. Wooyoung was slower than the rest when he was finally able to straighten up but San had waited for him, hanging back from the rest of the group and walking next to the younger at a slower pace. "Are you okay, Woo?", he asked softly, not wanting to draw attention if the dancer was actively hiding something and didn't want to be called out. Shrugging, Wooyoung hummed: "Woke up with a bit of a headache but I'm sure it'll be fine once I properly wake up and get going." San accepted that but still decided he'd watch the other closely in case it didn't get better.