Calling into the void 1🍼🌡️

Littles: San & Mingi
Sickie/Little: Seonghwa
Caregivers: Ateez

No one’s POV.:

Seonghwa was good at taking care of himself and despite developing a younger headspace to cope with the stress, he never even considered needing someone to take care of him. It was usually him taking care of the other’s and it was no different when Mingi tried age regression to help his anxiety. Nobody had to know about Seonghwa’s littlespace, he could handle that perfectly fine on his own and if anybody had any suspicions as to why he cared for his regressed dongsaeng with ease, barely needing any explanation, they surely didn’t show it. The other members probably thought it was just his nurturing personality and Seonghwa was glad they didn’t know because they relied on him as their eldest. It was Yunho though, who grew to take care of Mingi the most when the younger slipped.

Watching Mingi slip on occasion, San eventually couldn’t handle it anymore and admitted to being a little too. Wooyoung wasn’t as shocked as San had expected and the other members had to agree that in hindsight, there had been signs. Though flustered that he hadn’t been as discreet as he had thought, San had spent the rest of the evening in Wooyoung’s lap, declaring: “Chu too comfy to move, hyung.” To no one’s surprise, Wooyoung had become his caregiver that same night and Seonghwa was glad the boy had someone to look after him. Occasionally, the eldest wondered what it’d be like to be taken care of while in his headspace but he’d never dare open up about his little-side and even if he did, he’d never ask someone to take care of him.

Shortly before they moved into their new dorms, Hongjoong had come across Seonghwa playing in their shared bedroom, startling the him. “It’s okay”, Hongjoong promised, taking a seat on the floor next to his friend “Sorry for the scare, Hwa. How long have you been hiding this adorable side of yours, hm?” Fiddling with his toothless plushie, Seonghwa tearfully admitted just how long he had had his headspace and that he didn’t want anyone to know. Though Hongjoong wanted to respect his hyung’s wishes, they agreed to tell the other members so they’d be prepared in case something ever happened but they’d make sure to give the eldest the privacy to regress on his own till he might be comfortable enough to have them around.

Their new dorm arrangements were pure coincidence and although Yunho and Wooyoung had a bad gut feeling being away from their littles, Seonghwa saw the advantage in it. If all littles of the group shared one dorm, they could make sure their dorm was little-friendly and well equipped without having to keep toys and littlegear at all of the dorms. Sure, he’d find himself taking care of his dongsaengs a lot but he didn’t mind that. He had always loved babying San and Mingi when they were regressed, though it seemed unimaginable that someone might feel that way about him too.

Having a day off, San and Mingi had already made plans with their caregivers, so Seonghwa had gone to bed, knowing they’d be taken care of in the morning. That knowledge was exactly what he needed when he woke up in the middle of the night, feeling disoriented. His head pounded and he buried it under his pillow with a muffled whine. It shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise when Seonghwa slipped immediately, considering how long it had been since he had last been little. That was one of the downsides to not having a caregiver. Nobody monitored whether he slipped on a regular basis, so he occasionally went for pretty long stretches without a break. Shaking with chills, Seonghwa allowed the tears to fall freely as he hugged toothless to his chest and dialed Hongjoong’s number. The leader didn’t pick up and Seonghwa had cried himself to sleep before giving it a second try.

When Seonghwa woke up next, sun was already filtering through the curtains and he could hear San and Mingi playing in the living room. Sluggishly rolling over, he whined at the disgusting feeling of his sweat-soaked sheets clinging to his skin. He could barely find the energy to lift his head off the pillow, the thumping pain bringing tears to his eyes. Squinting at his phone screen, Seonghwa called Hongjoong’s phone again. He felt so small and so icky, he just wanted to hear the leader’s voice. He squirmed a bit when his stomach cramped up, a weird sensation forming at the back of his throat. Maybe he should have some water. Water couldn’t hurt, right? Though Seonghwa struggled to remember how to take care of himself, he did his best, lowering himself to the floor next to his bed. His legs felt far too jelly-like to try and stand on them.