Midnight Meeting🌡️

Sickie: Mingi

Caregiver: Hongjoong + Yunho

No one's POV.:

Mingi hadn't been feeling his best for the past week already. Initially, he had suspected his allergies acting up now that it was getting warmer and the first pollen started to float around outside. That would've certainly explained why his sinuses were so congested and his nose wouldn't stop running for more than a few minutes. For days, Mingi had been nursing a sinus headache, the dull pressure behind his forehead and eyes making him feel more rundown than he already did anyways. He tried to drink lots of water in hopes of clearing the congestion, sometimes sipping some hot tea when he had the time to prepare some. Neither the tea, nor the hot showers he took every night helped any and the rapper was starting to suspect, something else might be wrong.

Mingi's fear was confirmed when he had powered through a long day of dance practice. He had felt lightheaded for most of the day, unable to breathe well enough to keep up with their strenuous choreographies. The group thought he had been so quiet because he was having a bad day and didn't feel like talking but in reality, the rapper didn't have enough air for that and when he tried, his voice sounded even huskier than usual. Already exhausted before they had even finished half of their practice, Mingi spent his water breaks leaning against the practice room wall, sipping his water and rubbing at his face. He hoped massaging his forehead and cheekbones would ease the headache a little but it didn't do much and he just felt so tired. Crouching next to him, Seonghwa hummed: "You doing okay? You look spent." - "Yeah, just really tired", Mingi breathed, afraid of giving away how strained his voice sounded. The small hint of congestion, that was still audible though, reminded Seonghwa his dongsaeng had mentioned something about allergies the past few days, so he figured that was what was bothering the other.

Seonghwa made sure to remind Hongjoong to give the group frequent breaks, not wanting Mingi to overdo it but in the end, it barely made a difference. By the time the day was over and they could go back to the dorm, Mingi had completely switched to autopilot. He trudged behind his group as they made their way home, surprised that his legs still worked after dancing all day with as little energy as he had had. With no appetite for dinner, he took his nightly hot shower, still hoping it might help him breathe easier. When applying his moisturizer, the rapper made sure to rub his forehead and cheekbones for a while. It seemed to help reduce the pressure in his sinuses a bit and he sluggishly shuffled to his room, changing into warm sweatpants and a hoodie as he felt a little chilled after stepping out of the hot shower and being hit by cooler air.

The steam seemed to have shifted the congestion and while Mingi had been glad his sinuses weren't as stuffy anymore, it seemed to have settled in his chest now. Sitting up against the headboard of his bed, the rapper pulled his legs closer and rested his forehead on his knees. He was just so tired but he didn't think he should sleep quite yet or else he'd wake up in a few hours, unable to go back to sleep and end up even more rundown tomorrow. Lifting his head, he tried to muffle a chesty cough into the crook of his arm but when the fit continued, he was certain most of the group had hear it. It was confirmed when ten minutes later, there was a knock at Mingi's bedroom door. With burning eyes, the rapper looked up at his friend and tried his best to return Yunho's smile but failed miserably. "I made you some tea, you doing okay?", the older asked softly, taking a seat at the foot of the bed. Nodding, Mingi sniffled: "I'm okay, just tired and a bit stuffed up." - "Mhm, that's always how your colds start, isn't it?", Yunho hummed with a sympathetic smile, knowing the younger too well to believe it was only allergies. "I guess-", the rapper choked out before turning away to cough. When he had caught his breath again, Yunho handed him the tea, instructing: "Don't stay up late." Mingi nodded, clearing his throat. "Thanks for the tea, hyung", he sniffled, taking a careful sip before preparing to go to bed.