Tickle in the throat🌡️

Sickie: Yunho

Caregiver: Ateez

No one's POV.:

When Yunho woke up this morning, his throat felt like sandpaper. He faintly remembered how his nose had been a bit stuffy the evening before, so he had probably breathed through his mouth all night. That would also explain why his lips were so dry. "Come on, hyung", Yeosang sighed, tugging on the other's arm again, "You're even harder to wake up than Sannie this morning. What's up with you?" - "Huh?", Yunho hummed, propping himself up on his elbows as he blearily glanced at his roommate's bed. It was already empty, though it usually took the younger a while to get up in the morning. "No going back to sleep now, hyung, come on", Yeosang frowned, patting his hyung's arm when the older just blankly stared at the other bed. Oh yeah, Yunho realized, he should really get up. Nodding tiredly, he threw off the blanket and swung his legs over the side of the bed. Yunho rubbed his face and patted his cheeks, trying to shake the sleepy haze that still clouded his brain. That was when his attention went back to the dry scraping in his throat. Yeah, he really needed to get up if only to get himself some water.

He ran into Seonghwa in the kitchen, the oldest scolding him for not getting ready yet. Hongjoong pointing out the time they'd have to leave from somewhere close by. Yunho nodded apologetically, chugging a bottle of cold water before heading to the bathroom. For some reason, his throat still felt dry with the large amount of water he had just drank and while the cold temperature had felt nice on his throat, it didn't feel nice in his tummy. He couldn't help but shudder as he brushed his teeth, already deciding to wear a thick hoodie today. If Yunho wasn't mistaken, they'd have two radio interviews this morning and dance practice in the afternoon, so it didn't really matter how he dressed as people would really see him anyway. With that in mind, he threw on soft sweatpants and a thick hoodie. Autumn had barely started but the weather was making the change of the season pretty obvious, cold winds whipping around their faces the moment they set foot outside. Yunho could tell his two hyungs were disappointed in him. The two oldest members already had the chaotic maknae-line to look after and make sure they were ready on time, they didn't need Yunho to be unorganized and slow today too.

Though Yeosang had been a little annoyed that he had spent so much time fighting Yunho to get him out of bed this morning, he was concerned by how out of character that was for his hyung. Maybe he had practiced late the previous night and really needed the sleep but that didn't change the fact that they needed to get to their schedule on time. It really sucked sometimes, especially when Yeosang noticed Yunho dozing off with his head on Mingi's shoulder right after the settled in their seats. The older obviously needed more rest but they didn't have the time for that. Their next break a little more than three weeks ahead.

Yunho groaned when Mingi shook him. Did the rapper have no regards for his sore muscles? The nap hadn't really helped Yunho feel more energized and all he got from it was a headache. "Are you okay, hyung?", the younger asked lowly, offering his arm when he saw the other stumble. Yunho gladly held on to him, informing: "I'm fine just sleepy." - "You sure? Your voice sounds scratchy", Mingi noted, guiding him into the radio station. "Mhm", the older hummed, needing to clear his throat right after, "Slept with my mouth open, so my throat's been dry all morning. Had some water but well..." - "We'll get you some more and Hongjoong-hyung will do most of the talking anyway, so try to rest your voice for now", Mingi instructed. He made sure Yunho was with the rest of the members before heading off to get the older a drink. Not usually the clingy one, it was surprising that Yunho pretty much became Jongho's shadow the second Mingi had left and the makne too was a little confused, eventually asking: "Why are you following me everywhere, hyung, and what if I need to use the toilet at some point?" - "Oh, uh- I wasn't following you intentionally, I think", the older stammered, turning aside to cough before continuing, "'m just tired and you're acting the least chaotic."