That's our job🌡️

Sickie: Jongho

Caregivers: Ateez

No one's POV.:

The members of Ateez had all had different schedules today, only seeing each other early in the morning before heading out. Jongho had a recording scheduled for the first half of the day, before being rushed to a photoshoot that would take the entire afternoon. The only reason he got to eat lunch in between was a food-truck in front of the building. The food wasn't good but it was filling and would hopefully get him through the rest of the day. Since the members had individual shots taken, the maknae met Seonghwa, who was at the set before him, and Yunho, who was scheduled to have his shots taken after him, as well as a few shots of the two members together. Yunho was still stuck to get his individual shots taken when Jongho headed back to the dorm to remove his makeup and get ready for bed. Sure, he was home earlier than usual, although he had contemplated going to the company building to clean up some of his dance moves, but he had decided against it, feeling a bit off and not really like dancing at the moment. He hoped if he went to bed early, he'd be up early too and practice his dancing in the morning before meeting up with the rest of their group for their practice session together. By the time his roommates joined him, Jongho was already deeply asleep.

He slept so deeply, he didn't hear them come home and get ready for bed at all but that didn't last too long. A mere hour after his hyungs had gone to bed, Jongho was awake again. An intense cramp in his abdomen had woken him, causing the vocalist to roll oved and bury his face in his pillow as he drew his legs up to his chest. He gritted his teeth as his stomach gurgled loudly and couldn't help breaking into a sweat. Everything felt way too hot all of a sudden. Although Jongho didn't know what had happened while he had been asleep for him to wake up like this, there was something he knew for sure. His stomach wasn't happy at all and it would only be a matter of time till he had to be sick, so when the pain eased a little, the vocalist forced himself to sit up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. The movement didn't do Jongho's already upset stomach any favor and he was forced to clamp both of his hands over his mouth if he didn't want to make a mess right there as he sat frozen in his spot. When it felt safe to move, the maknae scrambled to his feet and rushed to the bathroom, accidentally slamming his bedroom door on his way out.

Yeosang sat up with a start, the loud bang of their bedroom door ripping him from his dream. Looking around the dark room, he made eye contact with Wooyoung, who looked just as shocked and confused as him. That was when they noticed their dongsaeng's bed being empty and there were muffled noises somewhere else in the dorm. "Hyung, I think someone broke into our dorm and is abducting Jongho", the dancer speculated, worriedly. Yeosang's eyes widened but he argued: "Jong-ah has a strong voice. Don't you think he'd yell loud enough to alert us?" The younger only shrugged and being the more daring one of the two, he offered: "Do you want me to check? If I don't come back, please call the police." Yeosang raised his eyebrow at him as Wooyoung got out of bed and tiptoed towards their bedroom door. He opened it as quietly as he could, peeking out into the dark hallway.

When the coast seemed clear, the dancer snuck out, leaving the door ajar, so Yeosang would hear when things went south and he had to call the police. That didn't happen though as the rest of the dorm was dark, except for the light shining through the gap under the bathroom door. It was also where the noises came from, so trying to calm his racing heart, Wooyoung opened the door and gasped at the sight. His dongsaeng was limply draped over the toilet, the back of his shirt soaked completely through as his spine rippled with an unproductive retch. Cursing quietly, the dancer rushed to Jongho's side and placed a shaky hand on the younger's back. He felt the maknae tense, startled by his presence but when he turned to look at him with glossed over eyes, the boy relaxed. Wooyoung had left the door cracked and Yeosang soon identified the noise as someone being sick, so he quickly climbed out of bed too and followed his dongsaeng. His heart broke at the scene he found in the bathroom. Wooyoung trying to comfort their youngest, while slowly growing paler himself. Placing a hand on the dancer's back, Yeosang whispered: "I got him, Woo. Why don't you go and wake Seonghwa-hyung?" The younger nodded, getting back up and fleeing the bathroom, while his friend took a seat on the bathtub next to Jongho, gently patting the maknae's back.