Coffee's not always the solution🌡️

Sickie: Yeosang

Caregivers: Ateez

No one's POV.:

Ever since Yeosang had gotten up this morning, he had felt off. It was difficult to pinpoint what wasn't right, just that he didn't feel like himself. Not having an appetite for breakfast, he took his time getting ready and joined the group once they needed to leave for their schedule. Since he was usually quiet, no one really noticed anything being different, except for Seonghwa, who noted that his dongsaeng had been one of the last members to get up despite always being the first one awake. The oldest didn't know whether Yeosang had woken up later than usual or if he had just taken his time to get up and get ready since he didn't want to have breakfast anyway but it still seemed a little odd. Enough so, that Seonghwa decided to keep a closer eye on the younger.

Their schedule started with a recording session at the studio and Yeosang was more than grateful for that. He felt exhausted, despite having slept more than usual, and having to dance seemed like an impossible task right now. Hopefully he'd feel more energized once he'd been up and about for a while, so their dance practice in the afternoon shouldn't be that much of a problem. If he was still tired by then, he'd go for coffee during one of their breaks. That happened sooner than he had expected. After they had all warmed up their voices, Yunho was the first to record, while the others were asked to memorize their lyrics and Wooyoung noticed the spaced out look in his friend's eyes, whispering: "You okay? You look sleepy." - "Mhm, 'm thinking of going for coffee. I could really use some liquid energy now", Yeosang breathed rubbing his eyes. Chuckling, the younger nodded towards the door and showed Wooyoung a note stating that they'd get coffee and would be right back.

Yeosang swayed for a moment after standing up, Hongjoong and Seonghwa watching him worriedly before he linked arms with Wooyoung and exited the room. Wooyoung too had noticed him sway but wasn't all that unfamiliar with dizzy spells in the morning. His friend's blood pressure was probably a bit low but that was nothing some caffeine wouldn't fix. The older gave him an embarrassed smile, glad he had someone to hold onto for support and balance, though he didn't know why he felt so unsteady. With his muscles feeling like jelly, Yeosang wondered if he was really just tired but it was the only explanation that came to mind. The two had almost made it to a small café down the road, when Yeosang's legs gave out without any warning. Though startled, Wooyoung caught him around the waist and lowered him to sit on the ground. "What's going on, hyung?", the dancer asked worriedly, studying his friend's pale face. Shaking his head, Yeosang muttered: "I-I don't know, Woo." He took a shaky breath and closed his eyes. Surprisingly, he didn't feel dizzy at all, his muscles had just gotten too weak to hold him up all of a sudden.

Wooyoung had given him a few moments to rest before frowning: "Do you want me to call one of our hyungs?" - "N-No, I think- I think I'm okay now. Can you help me up?", the older muttered, holding out his hands. When the dancer pulled Yeosang to hid feet, he made sure to keep an arm around his waist in case he fell again but Yeosang seemed okay, aside from his still pale complexion. Like they had planned, they got their coffee and headed back to the studio. The entire walk there, the older insisted that he was okay and that Wooyoung shouldn't mention it to their group. Trusting his hyung, the dancer did keep it to himself. He knew that Yeosang would likely not speak up about feeling well if it was around the entire group but having been friends for so long, he was confident the older would tell him in privacy and since he didn't, it was probably nothing. When they arrived at the studio, they went right back to their seats, memorizing their lyrics and sipping their coffee.

At first, the coffee seemed to actually help and Yeosang felt more energized than he had before but he had neither eaten nor drank any water beforehand and the coffee sat heavily in his empty stomach. Seonghwa looked up from his lyric sheet when he heard his dongsaeng's stomach grumble next to him. The younger blushed, mumbling a barely audible apology though Seonghwa didn't understand why he'd apologize for that. Not wanting to make Yeosang uncomfortable, the oldest turned his focus back to his lyric sheet and acted like nothing had happened, which the younger was really grateful for. As more time passed, the coffee didn't seem to settle though and his stomach kept rumbling. It wasn't hunger, at least Yeosang didn't think it was because he had no appetite at all. They all sat in silence, so everyone was able to hear the boy's stomach, making him feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. In a desperate attempt to calm his stomach and hopefully silence it, Yeosang slipped one hand under his shirt and palmed at the upset organ. That was also when he noticed that his stomach wasn't just noisy but that it also kind of hurt, especially when he touched his middle.