1 | 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙰
2009, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"I know I lied, Alessia-" My sister started.

"Good. You're self-aware, that's good." I interrupted her as I finally took a good look around.

A white room with machines all around. Me, with bandages over my body. A man, wearing dark clothes with an eye patch. My sister, sporting red hair. That was new. Me, in a white gown. My hands, tied up. I started trying to get free. Bad idea.

"Burns." I muttered as I finally looked my sister in her eyes.

"I know, it's just so you don't use your powers until I can talk to you." Natasha Romanoff, formerly Romanova my sister, said to me as she walked closer to the bed.

"So talk. I'm not going anywhere. For now." I snapped.

"I've missed you, стрекоза (dragonfly). I came looking for you as soon as I got out, but I couldn't find you. The Red Room moved you from location to location very fast. Every time I thought I found you, you moved. About a year ago, I started working for SHIELD. It's an organization that monitors and protects the country and it's threats. I was found out on a mission, and taken in. We've been looking for you since I joined. You're safe, in a hospital, getting cared for. Once you're healed, you're going to come live with me, at SHIELD. Do you understand?" Natasha said as she sat on my bed. She slowly grabbed my hand and took it in her own, as if she was afraid I would react badly.

I did quite the opposite, actually. Once she extended her hand to me I hesitantly offered mine to her and squeezed her hand tighter than I have since the day I was taken.

"No more leaving me." I said firmly while looking straight into her bright green eyes.

"I promise. I'll never leave you, not again." Natasha said as she squeezed my hand and looking into my eyes. "Do you have any questions that I can answer?"

"Where I am?" I asked my sister as I looked out the window.

"New York City. I live here, in SHIELD headquarters. This is my boss, Director Nick Fury." Natasha told me and gestured to the man who grunted in aknowledgement who before was otherwise silent.

"Just Fury, kid. You've got some nasty powers. Took out three of my agents just to get you in here." Fury said as he stepped closer.

"My apologies. Can I be freed of my shackles? Or do I have to beg?" I said, clearly tired.

"Yes, Alessia. Give me your hands please." Natasha said as she moved to get a key from Fury.

"Give me the key, Nick. Now." My badass of a sister stated.

"How are you sure you can trust her?" Fury said.

"You can't trust anyone, Nick. But she's not just anyone. Give me the key." My sister said as I made a face of confusion and amusement.

"Well. I'd say you're wrong, but the last time I trusted somebody I lost an eye." Fury said as he fished into his pocket.

"So, when I take these off, don't freak out. It's gonna feel weird." Natasha instructed.

I felt weird. Not a bad weird, just weird. It felt like part of me was unleashed that hasn't been for a long time.

"How do you feel?" Natasha asked as she moved the weird ties.

"Weird. You wanna see?" I asked her with a slight smile on my face.

She nodded, and out of my hand I grew a small baby Iris. I handed it to her and she smiled. I missed that.

"I gotta go, but I'll be back tonight, okay? Get some rest, and then tomorrow I'll get you settled with me." Natasha whispered to me as she leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

"Hurry back. It's weird here." I said as she walked to the door.

"I will." Natasha said.

"Good to meet you, kid. See you in a few days." Fury said, walking out the door.

I nodded to him, waved to my sister, and laid down on my side making leaves and vines on my fingers.

Right as the strange clock on the table next to me said seven, Natasha walked through the door with a bag in her hand.

"You're back!" I said with excitement due to fact that I was bored out of my mind.

"I brought gifts." Nat said as she pulled up a chair.

"When we rescued you, we raided your room and the boss's office and found some stuff." Natasha said as she got comfortable.

"Did you save anyone else?" I asked.

"As many as we could. Madame V is dead. If we didn't save anyone, they escaped. Now let me show you your stuff." Nat said as she moved my honey blonde hair from my face.

"Alright." I said as I swatted her hand away.

"Okay, so in your room, we found your dragonfly necklace that I gave you when you were a kid. Don't know how you hid that. I also found a list of your favorite things. Not sure why they had that." Nat started to say as she pulled out the items.

"It was to get me to comply. If they knew what I enjoyed, they could get me to produce poison faster. It also made mind control easier. I heard the doctors always blabbing about it, something to do with my chemical makeup." I said as I looked over the file.

"Makes sense. Okay so the last thing we found was a gun labeled "Alessia". I tried using it, but it won't work. I think it's a dud." Natasha said while fishing out a small grey hand-gun. It had engravings of poison plants on it and I knew exactly what it was.

"It's not a dud, Natasha. It works only for me. I have to put a certain kind of organism into it and it'll shoot at deadly speed. I'd show you, but it'd kill you, and you're good company." I finished as I started to yawn.

"Get some rest, стрекоза. You're moving in with me tomorrow." Natasha said as she moved to kiss my head and tuck my hair behind my ears.

"Will you stay with me? I don't want the nightmares. I've had them since you left." I said as I looked at my sister who had sadness etched into her face.

"Of course I will. You know how sorry I am, right?" Natasha said as she got settled in her chair, grabbing my hand.

I nodded, and she nodded too. No more words needed to be said. For the first time, in a long time, both sisters slept soundly through the night.

So that's number 1! I hope you like! I'll have number 2 up as soon as I can. Thank you for reading!