13 | 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

About 5 minutes into our drive to New York City, Fury was already sick of me and my questions.

Nick was really annoying me with his dodging of my questions. "Nick, I know this is a busy time for you with the Project and the Lemurian Star and everything else, so I'm really curious as to why you're taking the time to take me to New York. Surely anyone else could do it?"

"I need to get away, kid. I know something bad is going to happen, and you need help." Fury said as we drove down the busy Washington streets.

I scrunched my face up at his choice of words. "I need help? Ouch, Nicholas. I know my head is pretty screwed up but I'm not suicidal or anything. Nothing against people who are, it's just I'm not." I finished with a sigh. Sometimes I guess I do babble.

Fury chuckled a little bit. "Not what I meant, and you know you're the only one who's allowed to call me by my name. I better not hear your sister or Hill calling me that."

"Copy that, boss." I said as I relaxed back into my seat.

Mere seconds later, I heard Fury talking to the car.

"Open secure line 0405."

'Confirmed' The car robot said.

"You talking to the car again?" I joked.

"Be quiet." Fury mumbled.

One of my favorite people in the world's voice came over the radio. "This is Hill."

"I need you here in D.C. I'm dropping the kid in the City. Be here when I get back. Deep shadow conditions" Fury said to Maria.

'Give me four hours.' She said after a brief pause.

Fury didn't like that. "You have three. Over." He said before hanging up.

A sketchy cop car pulled up next to the SUV Fury was driving, and it took me a bit to figure out why we were having a staring match with two police officers.

"You wanna see my lease?" Fury asked sarcastically and I had to refrain from giggling.

The driver made the sirens go off very dramatically before pulling away.

"That was weird." I said before a different car t-boned us and the airbags went off.

Three more 'cop' cars rammed into us from different directions while I was trying to catch my breath from the glass that hit my stomach.

Fury looked over at me with worry. "You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, you?" I asked him but he didn't even get a chance to respond before the car told me he had a fractured arm.

'Recomend anithetic injection' The car said as I leaned forward to grab the needle and hand it to Fury.

A SWAT van pulled up and I knew we were screwed.

The car continued. 'D.C. Metro Police dispatch shows no units in this area.' We were surrounded.

Nick and I made eye contact before he spoke to the car again."Get us out of here."

The 'cops' opened fire on us right after Nick said that.

'Propulsion systems offline.' The car announced as it brought up a 3D model of the SUV.

"Then reboot, damn it!" Fury shouted angrily at the car.

The armor's strength was declining and I was bleeding a lot. I had resorted to taking my shirt to try to stop the blood, leaving me in my tank top.