22 | 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Literally ten minutes later, I changed out of my athletic shorts and long sleeve shirt into a pair of jeans and a tie-dye hoodie and was pacing around the living room messing with my ponytail. I was so nervous to see Sarah, mainly because I hadn't seen her in a while, and because if she was to be followed, I'd be screwed.

Call me paranoid, but I was practically raised by Natasha Romanoff. If she taught me anything, it's to always be prepared for the anything. Especially when we live in a world with super soldiers, HYDRA, Gods, mind control and Tony Stark.

The doorbell interupted my worried thoughts, and my feet rushed to the door without my brain telling them to. When I opened the door, there she was. Three months pregnant, engaged, but still glowing. She attacked me in a hug, cutting off my oxygen.

"Sarah...Love you too....Bones breaking....Organs crushing...." I choked out before she let me go.

"I'm sorry, Lessie. I miss you!" She said as I let her in.

We sat on the couch after I got her water and immediately dived in. "So, how's the pregnancy? And the engagment?" I asked excitedly.

"Baby is great, Robbie is great. The wedding is in two months, baby due in six. Robbie and I also wanted to ask you something very important." Sarah said with a soft smile.

I cocked my head to the side. "What is it?" I asked her.

"Well actually two things." Sarah clarified.

I was very antsy at that moment in time. "Oh my gosh, Sarah! Tell me!"

She laughed a little bit. "Okay. For the wedding, I want you to be my maid of honor." She started.

"Oh my gosh! I'd love to! Thanks! What's the other thing?" I asked her after I hugged her.

Sarah smirked at me and placed a hand on her stomach. "We want you to be an aunt to the baby, of course. But Robbie and I have talked, and we also want you to be the Godmother. If something were to happen, you are one of the only people we would trust to take care of the baby. What do you say?"

I didn't answer, instead I just gently tackled her in a hug. "Is that an answer for you?" I said with a smile.

She nodded, and we hung out for a few hours. Sarah was getting ready to leave, when there was a loud bang from upstairs.

"Les? Did you hear that?" She asked me.

I shook my head immediately. "I'm sure it was just something falling. Anything in this house makes a loud noise." I tried to cover. I knew whatever it was, it was Bucky, and Sarah couldn't know.

She looked skeptical. Especially when it happened again. "I'm gonna go check it out." She said as she started walking towards the stairs.

I threw my body in front of her, blocking her path. "Alessia, what? You got a boy up there or something?" Sarah joked.

"No, no I uh I don't. I just know that something is falling. Probably my books." I said with a shrug. I know she didn't buy it.

She rolled her eyes, fed up with me. "Alessia, what are you hiding? You know you can tell me anything right?" She tried.

I sighed. "If I tell you, you have to promise me something Sarah. You can't tell Natasha. Or Maria, or anyone. No one can know. So if I tell you, you have to walk out that door when you leave and forget everything I tell you. It's that serious." I told her with a stone cold expression. I'm a terrible liar, and I was very, very screwed.