9 | 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2012, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

The floor thing was getting a little annoying. It wasn't until I was completely sure that Natasha was gone that I lifted my gaze from the floor. I decided to lay on the rug that was on the ground to clear my mind. With one hearing aid out and the other one on low volume, I drifted off the sleep.

I don't know how long I slept before my best friend opened the door and gently shook me awake.

"Les, honey it's just me. Come on, wake up." Sarah said softly.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed my eyes while putting my aid back in.

"Nothing much. Nat told me what happened. I was coming to talk to you when I ran into her. Wanna talk about it?" She said as she got comfy on the floor next to me.

"Later, maybe. Doctor Banner has to do a workup on me, per Fury's request." I tried to get up but was stopped by a hand on my ankle.

"Sarah?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Lessie, you're not going anywhere until we talk. It's been days, and the last time I saw you it was a little awkward to say the least." Sarah said trying to lighten the mood. That was one of my favorite things about her.

"Yeah, a little awkward." I said. "Sar, Doctor Banner needs me."

"He'll be fine waiting for 5 minutes." Sarah reasoned. "Talk to me. What's going on in that gorgeous head of yours?" She asked, buttering me up.

"You said you talked to Nat?" I asked. She nodded. "Fury was telling me I had a mission to recruit Steve Rogers for the Avengers Initiative. I was in his office and he told me that I couldn't use my real name. I was curious, and he told me that I was dead. And Nat knew!" I exclaimed.

"Jesus, Les. I've been talking to a ghost for years!" Sarah said, making me lightly hit her in the stomach.

"Anyway, I'm running to find you because I needed to tell someone before I cried, and saw you. With a man. Dude, what the heck?" I said, emphasizing my point with my hands.

"His name is Robbie. He's my age, and we met a few months ago. It wasn't official until that day in my office when he asked me to be his girlfriend." Sarah said while blushing.

"Asking for your hand in girlfriendship and in sex in the same day? Robbie's on a roll." I said, to which Sarah hit me in the chest this time.

"Stop. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me." She said with a sad smile.

"It's okay, Sarah. Don't beat yourself up over it." I said grabbing her hand and pulling her and myself up.

"You should get going, time for an autopsy." She said with a smirk.

"Stop. I'm gonna kill you." I said to her while we walked out the door of my training room.

"Okay, Alessia, right?" Doctor Bruce Banner asked me while sitting on a stool with his glasses on with a clipboard in his hand.

"Yeah. Alessia, that's me." I said awkwardly, playing with my fingers.

"You can relax, Alessia. I'm not here to judge you. I don't want you to be uncomfortable, so if you are for whatever reason, tell me, and I'll stop." Bruce said sweetly.