40 | 𝐈 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

The rest of the morning was spent with emptying our eyes of tears, stolen kisses, and finally, sleep.

Bucky and I slept in until late in the day, relishing in the feeling of being back with each other. The night was nightmareless, much to both of our enjoyments.

He had spent most of the afternoon writing down memories, trying desperately to grasp onto a part of himself. I finally agreed to start writing as well, and soon I had a notebook of my own that was slowly being filled with moments in my life, starting at age six.

Oddly enough, I couldn't for the life of me remember anything from my life before the Red Room. My first memory is myself, Madame V, and a doctor in the lab. I was being enhanced, that much I knew. They were trying to activate the darkness that my once good natured powers possessed. They made me go dark, and because of them, I got a lot of red on my ledger.

I guess it kind of helped, and I was sort of okay to start slowly talking about my experiences, but it was still hard. Bucky, my stud, was trying to be supportive, but he's not the best at serious talks. Unless he's feeling emo.

That night, after eating a great dinner that Bucky and I made together and watching Disney, my lover and I partook in some, adult activities. I didn't know I much I missed him until his lips were on my body, holding me close with his cold hand.

But the feelings of bliss were interrupted when Bucky had a terrible nightmare. We ended up on the floor, because the bed was too soft for him, and I refused to leave him alone.

He didn't mean to, I know that, but the demon stuck inside of him hurt me. Bucky didn't hurt me. Winter did. So there I laid, on the cold floor, holding a sobbing Bucky in my arms with a bruised neck. I would never complain about it, because the stubborn man never opened up. Only to me, and only when he was going to break.

Later in that night, I had a nightmare. It was bad. I ended up in the corner of the bedroom, holding my knees to my chest, hiding from myself. Eventually, Bucky coaxed me back into his arms, trying to make me go to the bed, but we ultimately slept on the floor that night.

The roughness of the nights didn't end, instead they increased. With each passing day, our own worst fears came to pass inside our minds. The notebooks didn't help me anymore, and I felt myself slipping away.

I know Bucky felt similar, I could sense it. He suggested, that we go jogging to clear our heads.

So that's what we did. I changed my pajamas into black athletic shorts, a dark mauve long sleeved shirt with my long blonde locks tied into a low bun.

Bucky came downstairs as I was tying my sneakers, wearing clothes that made me want to pass out. His black shirt was tight, and highlighted his toned abs, and I remind myself to keep breathing.

I quickly looked away, and made my way to the door. I heard him chuckled behind me, and I rolled my eyes.

Given the fact that Bucky was a super soldier and that I was slightly enhanced, the running we did together was very extra. 9 miles.

It was difficult to keep up with him, so we had to stop a few times, but I survived. Barely.

Bucky and I decided to rest in a hidden treeline, far from civilization. As soon as we arrived, I collapsed against an oak tree in exhaustion with my eyes closed. Bucky laughed, and came to sit across from me.