39 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

I couldn't seem to get my mind to unscramble. I felt like an omlete. Bucky, thankfully kept his hand on my cheek, so I had something to focus on.

One of the first things I noticed when I woke up, was that I desperately needed a shower. The second thing was that Bucky looked hotter than hot with a beard, but that can be saved for daydreaming.

I tried hard to get up, but Bucky's grip on me never lessened. "I need to shower." I stated quietly, making a move to get off the couch, but failing.

Bucky shook his head, and kept his hands where they were. "You need to rest. Natasha told me what happened." The brunette man said softly, rubbing my shoulders slightly.

I disagreed. "No, Buck. It's been days, I need to." I argued, eliciting a sigh from Bucky.

My next challenge was to get off the couch, but when I sat up, I got a massive migraine. The soldier stiffled a smile, but I knew he was internally laughing at my helpless nature.

"See, you can't even move by yourself. Please, let me help you." Bucky begged, making me sigh.

I didn't want to push myself to do stuff I know I'm unable to do, such as the basic task of showering. I know Bucky wanted to help me, and I appreciated it, but it made me feel really pathetic. I was too weak to bother arguing, so I just closed my eyes and reluctantly nodded.

Bucky gathered me in his arms and carefully carried me up the stairs and into the bathroom. He helped me unbraid my hair, remove my hearing aids and take off my old clothes, before he placed me in the shower, on the floor. There were dozens of smart remarks I could've made, but I was too exhausted. Bucky changed out of his clothes and sat in the shower behind me.

The real pathetic part of the whole experience was when he washed my hair for me. I appreciated it, and took note of how he was really good at it. We finished rather quickly, and Bucky stood up, trying not to slip while picking me up, and exited the shower.

We sat on the floor while the soldier helped me to dry off, and he laid me against the wall so he could get clothes. Bucky came back and helped me to put on underwear, athletic shorts, no bra, and one of his shirts. He dressed himself, before drying my hair for me.

My eyes were closed, trying to stay awake while Bucky finished with me, and soon enough, he was lying me in our bed.

I melted into Bucky's body once he laid down, after electing to put in one aid so I could hear his voice. His soft hand gently caressed my face, smoothing out the stray hairs and rubbing my cheeks, making me smile.

He pulled me in closer to his chest, until my face was in his chest and his arms were wrapped tightly around me.

There were so many things I wanted to say, I didn't know where to begin, but I had an idea. "I'm sorry." I whispered, noticing how Bucky's body language changed at the words.

He adjusted himself so he could look at me properly. "I know." Bucky mumbled.

I sighed slowly, before making him properly look at me. "I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have ever left you alone. It's not fair." I continued, wanting desperately for Bucky to know how I felt. Good relationships are all about communication, corny, I know, but the same thing stands. I didn't want this to break us, even though I knew nothing, not even death would.

Bucky ran a hand through his long, slightly damp hair. "Lessa, I know you're sorry. But so am I. It's your choice. I shouldn't have made it about myself." The sad soldier stated sadly, making me frown.