6 | 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2009, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Nat had awoken a week ago and we surprisingly didn't get screamed at by Director Fury. I had gone through rigourous exams, per Natasha's request. She hated doing it because she knew doctors made me nervous, but as long as Doctor Sarah did it, I was okay.

"So, are you going to ask her?" Sarah asked me as she checked my vitals.

"Yeah of course, but I'm gonna wait until she's not as grouchy. Plus I need time to think up every contingency under the sun that could make her agree." I told her as I fiddled with my blonde braid.

"Make sure to tell her you'll barely go in the field. And that you'll train all the time to make sure you can defend yourself. Don't forget the language thing. That's what got you in last time." She said as she re-did my cast, that I may or may not have broken while misjuding the distance between my bed and the floor.

"Good points, but last time, this happened." I said holding up my wrist. "I'm not sure she'll be too eager to repeat that." I finished.

"Hey, I can help you. I'll tell her you're perfectly healthy. And I put your hearing aids back in." Sarah said.

"You'd lie to my sister for me?" I asked with mock shock.

"I'd lie to your sister again. Maybe. That lady scares me." She said with a smile.

"Yeah she is."

"Alright, you're all set, don't break this one. Good luck!" Sarah called after me as I left the exam room with a smile and a wave.

Off to ask Natasha a very important question. Oh boy.

"Hey Nat." I said as I approached her desk on the main floor. My good friend Maria Hill was next to her, and I waved and she shot me a smile.

"What's up, Les?" She asked me while I leaned against her desk.

"I have a question." I said trying to remain as calm a I could.

"Shoot." She said as she stopped typing on her computer and turned to look up at me.

"So, you saw how well I handled myself last week, and I only got a little hurt and it was because of the car. I saved your life and I tried to save the engineer's but he was too dead. Right?" I said quickly.

"Uhh yes? Where is this going?" Nat asked, and looked at Maria who shrugged.

"I want to be more involved here. Not like a field agent right away, but more of a baby agent. I'll work on my combat skills every day so I don't have to rely on my powers all the time. Also, you told me you guys always have trouble communicating with people who come speaking other languages. I could help! Please?" I finished my rant.

"Les..." Nat started.

"Please! Please, please Natasha!" I begged her.

After a long pause, she looked at me, I looked at her. She looked at Maria, Maria looked at her. Natasha finally said, "Maybe. Maybe, Alessia."

"That's good enough for me! Thank you! Thank you both!" I said as I hugged both Nat and Maria and then ran down to find Sarah.

I ran to her office, and burted through the door, slightly out of breath.

"Woah, Alessia are you okay?" Sarah asked as she rose from her desk and came over to me.

"She said maybe! Sarah Natasha said maybe!" I said with excitement.

"You got a maybe from Natasha Romanoff." Sarah said with a large smile.

"I got a maybe, from Natasha Romanoff!" I repeated.

Sarah and I spent a while together, until I went back to the apartment and was met with my sister. She had a SHIELD uniform in her hands with the words 'Romanoff Jr' on it. I'm officially Romanoff Junior. And I was okay with that.

LAST CHAPTER UNTIL PARTS OF THE AVENGERS! THIS CHAPTER MADE ME HAPPY. LOVE YOU ALL!

 LOVE YOU ALL!