17 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐢𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐞

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Sarah took me with her into the cave and directly to a hospital bed. She started shouting orders to nurses and other doctors, and a needle was injected into my arm, making me thrash around.

I passed out due to the sedation, and awoke later with stitches in my stomach from the crash, a cast around my wrist, and an ice pack on my head. It was the most relaxed I'd ever felt.

Maria walked in a few minutes after I woke and sat down on the edge of my bed with Sarah in tow.

"Where's Nat?" I asked immediately noticing her absence.

Sarah and Maria looked at each other before Maria spoke. "They went on the run after Nick got shot. SHIELD is compromised. You've been gone for three days." She said with a hold on my hand.

"I was gone?" I asked.

Maria and Sarah looked at each other again with confused expressions on their faces. "Lessie, you and Fury were attacked three days ago. Fury was shot later, after he told Steve you were taken. We looked for you, but we couldn't find you until 2 hours ago when I found you. Do you not remember?" Sarah asked as she walked closer to me.

I shook my head, which incited a migraine. "I remember the uh.. the car crash, but after that it's all blank. My head hurts, but it didn't get hurt during the crash." I spoke slowly.

Sarah grabbed my chart. "Your CT scan and MRI told me that you underwent serious brain trauma. We have no clue who took you, but whoever did used the brainwashing that they did years ago."

Maria took over. "The levels and brain scans are identical to the ones taken 5 years ago when you were rescued. But your blood and chemical makeup are also identical to a sample we compared them to. You have a modified version of the Super Soldier serum in your blood."

"I don't remember anything. I'm sorry." I apologized as the pain in my head subsided.

Maria and Sarah shook their heads and both hugged me. "You still pregnant and engaged Sarah?" I asked her.

"Yes and yes." She responded with a smile.

I looked at my surroundings. "Why are we in a cave?" I asked my two closest friends.

"We'll tell you later." Sarah said with a small smile.

I nodded and closed my eyes until Maria's phone beeped.

"What's going on, Ria?" I asked her.

She looked at her phone again and then at me. "There's a fight ongoing in the streets. Nat and Steve against someone else. STRIKE is on their way, but since they're compromised I have to go get them out." She said.

I wiggled my fingers, felt my stitches and took the ice pack off. "When are we going?" I asked as I threw the blanket off.

Maria and Sarah looked shocked. "Uh, you're not going. You're hurt." Sarah said.

I stood up and looked at them. "If I really have the serum in me, it's good to test it. Plus, you just have to get them out, no violence. Please, I want to surprise Nat and Steve." I begged them.