35 | 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

By the time I had arrived at the Compound via self-driving car, all the tears to be shed were shed. In my case, sadness is a weakness, and I didn't want to have a whole therapy session with Natasha.

I was greeted in the elevator, not by JARVIS, but of a new AI named FRIDAY. I don't know what it is with Tony and his insistence on ridiculous names for his robots. Zooming up to the laboratory quickly, the elevator doors opened to reveal my best friend.

I wasn't given a chance to breathe before Sarah attacked me in a hug. "I missed you too, Sar." I chuckled.

She let go and studied face. "You're not eating enough. And you're pale. Are you sick?" Sarah asked, concerned. I laughed quietly.

"No, I'm not sick. I just haven't been eating well since the last time I had that dream. I'm fine though, honestly." I reassured her.

She nodded, before a smirk toyed at her lips. "So.... How are you and him?" She asked, failing at being discreet.

I just rolled my eyes jokingly and she took my arm, pulling me to the lab. "We're fine, Sarah. He's a little upset with me that I'm here, but, what can you do." I said, not wanting to share all of the details of Bucky and I's fight.

Sarah nodded knowingly, and soon enough, we arrived at the lab where Tony was setting things up and Natasha and Steve were talking off to the side.

Tony was first to notice my arrival. "Well, well, well. Shocked to see you here, Poison Ivy." He said, making Steve and Nat turn to look at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Poison Ivy is a compliment." I remarked, making Tony roll his eyes.

"You watched the movies?" He asked, a tad upset by my newfound knowledge.

I merely nodded, and Nat walked over to me to give me a hug, follow by Steve.

I moved over to the lab table that was set up for me with a lot of fancy tools. "What's that for?" I asked, very concerned when I saw a headgear and wrist cuffs that looked awfully similar to the ones HYDRA and the Red Room used on me my whole life.

Tony just looked at me. "It's to make sure you don't die." He said, rather nonchalantly.

Natasha, Steve, Sarah, and I, all our eyes widened simultaneously, before Steve spoke up. "Tony, what do mean so she doesn't die." He asked the billionaire.

The genius himself looked a piece of paper, as if trying to find the right words. "I have a serum, that's going to be injected into her arms as a prep. After that, the headgear will go on and monitor her brainwaves, and separate her mind and its control. The cuffs are just so she doesn't kill us and herself, because the separation of her mind and the stone are going to hurt. A lot." Tony explained, making me even more uneasy.

I wanted to ask so many questions, but I settled on one. "What is this stone that I'm connected to. Wasn't it a scepter?"

Natasha took over the explanation. "In the scepter, there was a stone. The mind stone, one of the six Infinity Stones. The Tesseract is another one. When Tony and Bruce created Ultron, and the Vision that I told you about, they used the mind stone. It lives in Vision's head now." My sister explained.

Sarah saw my scared look, and rubbed my arm soothingly. "Alessia, I've checked everything over medically, and you're gonna be fine. I'm going to be here, the whole time." She told me with a small smile.