26 | 𝐃𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤

𝙱𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚈 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝚂
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I was happy. Really happy. It's been a very long time since I've felt like this. I wouldn't remember if I had ever felt this to this extent. The feeling of being cared for, the feeling of being worth it. Alessia opened those doors for me, and I'm beyond grateful for the girl I've come to enjoy more than a lot.

Another month gone, another month of Alessia stressing all the time about her sister. I know she felt terrible about the lies she had told, but we knew why. I'm honestly surprised we've gotten away with hiding together as long as we have, because Alessia is a terrible liar.

Unfortunately for Alessia, she can never catch a break. Her cast just recently came off, replaced by a brace. Just a few days ago, in the middle of the night, she woke up extremely feverish with a massive headache. Extremely faint, consumed by body aches. Her body heat off the charts, she couldn't form words due to the pain in her head. She won't sleep, she can't settle. She just lays there, barely moving to breath.

After hours of silence, she sat there in my arms as she cradled her head, muttering things. I became extremely concerned when she started struggling to breathe and passing out. Still breathing, but practically comatose.

I didn't know who to call, Sarah was out of town and not answering her phone. I couldn't call Steve, as he didn't know where Alessia and I resided and I didn't know how to tell him. The only person I could think of was the last option, but I didn't know what was happening to Alessia.

So I did it. I bit the bullet and called Natasha Romanoff, the older sister of the girl I care so much about.

The conversation didn't last long. Natasha freaked out when Alessia wasn't the voice she heard. She yelled at me, telling me how she was going to kill Alessia. She arrived at the house not long later to take Alessia to a doctor in the city. I was very adamant on going with her, but Natasha reminded me that the whole world was looking for me, and that Alessia was dead to the world. Me going with her would only make things worse.

So, here I stay. And here I've been for the past two days since Alessia was taken. Natasha said she would call once she had news, but that hasn't happened it. I guess I wait, while the girl who is the reason I'm not stuck in some prison is stuck in a different kind of prison. One only she knew how to break out of.

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
2014

Bruce Banner was in for quite a surprise when Natasha Romanoff strolled into town with a very sick and very weak Alessia Romanoff. His work in the lab with Tony was put on hold to take care of the girl.

Upon first examination, it was clearly a mental thing that was affecting Alessia's physical health.

She was barely breathing, so an oxygen mask was put on her to keep her stable.

Natasha stood up, very exhausted. "Bruce, do you even know what's wrong with her?" She asked the Doctor as she brushed Alessia's hair from her eyes.

Bruce shook his head and looked at the girl's chart. "Not at the moment, no. I have to wait until her breathing is normal before I do head scans, so the only thing we can do at the moment is keep her temperature down." The Doctor said as one of his assistants changed the ice packs on the girl's body.

Natasha didn't like that answer. "Call me the minute something changes. I mean it." The older Romanoff said as she walked out of the room.

The red-head walked to a special area of the Avengers Tower where Steve Rogers resided at that particular moment.