𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭, TWO AGAINST THE WORLD

𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥

FAMILY WAS SOMETHING Elara didn't always have. Up until she was 8 she had been in and out of foster homes. Getting adopted by the Jensens was the best thing that ever happened to her.

She was finally able to enjoy a normal life like all the other kids. She got to stay in Mystic Falls where all of her friends were. She found a home and was still able to be with her friends and her sister.

She and Hayley weren't blood sisters, but they were sisters. Weirdly they had the same birthmark on their right shoulder, they knew that had to mean something.

When the girls were only 13 Hayley was moved to another home a thousand miles away. They kept in contact, but they never saw each other physically again.

Elara woke up with an upset stomach. From the moment she sat up she felt sick. Pregnancy really wasn't treating her well.

Groaning she turned to the side laying back down. She really did not feel like moving. She couldn't even if she tried. Reaching to her nightstand her fingers danced over the wood for her phone. Along with being sick, her entire body was in pain.

She scrolled through her phone dialing a number.

"Yes?"

"Can you come help me? I can't move." She pouted into the phone getting laughter from the other side of the line, "Sure thing, mousy."

Her door swung open and the familiar vampire stood at her door. She looked up offering her best friend her best smile.

He felt bad for what she was going through. As if the pregnancy wasn't enough she didn't even know the being behind her baby.

Stefan walked over to her helping her sit up, "You feel like eating?" He asked her and she shook her head swallowing, "Okay, I can run you some water, and make Damon make you tea." He helped her out of bed.

Even just 5 weeks pregnant she was going through hell. Maybe it was the supernatural baby, that she didn't know was a supernatural baby, cooking inside of her.

All that anyone knew was that this was taking every ounce of strength she had away from her.

Stefan walked her to her bathroom letting her sit on top of the toilet. He leaned over turning the knobs on the tub, letting the hot water fill-up the huge tub.

"I'll be back."

Stefan went downstairs to see Klaus pacing along the fireplace. After everything, he wasn't gonna leave her. She was pregnant with his child.

Stefan ignored him for a second going into the kitchen where his brother and ex-girlfriend were. Stefan went through the cabinets throwing the tea towards Damon.

"Don't overheat it like last time," Stefan warned his brother. Although to Damon's human sense it wasn't as hot, to Elara's human it was.

Over the past 2 weeks, Stefan had some everything he could to make Elara comfortable. From the moment she passed out in his arms he had made sure to be there any time he needed her, even when she didn't think she did.

He felt responsible for her. He always has, now even more.

Everyone noticed how he was stressing over her. In all honestly, he was just afraid that something worse would happen. He was afraid she ends up forgetting him too. Stefan was going crazy over it.

Although Stefan was bad, he was nowhere compared to where Klaus was. Every memory Elara had of him was nothing good. Every single one was bad. She doesn't even know what his smile looks like. She had no memory of knowing, or loving him.

It's all gone.

As Stefan hurried back upstairs Elena and Damon looked at each other in worrisome. Klaus was trying to come up with a plan. He had to leave town for a while because some witches were planning against him, but he didn't want to leave behind his love and child.

Even if he planned on just being gone a few days, a week at most, he couldn't stand being away from them.

The mark.

Klaus and Elara had spoken about New Orleans multiple times. One reason was how much he loved the city. The other was the pack of werewolves that all carried the same mark as her.

She wanted to find more of her family, but she didn't want to go without Nik, and she didn't want to ask him to go there knowing his history. She always noticed how broken he seemed just thinking about New Orleans.

The Mikaelson stormed into the kitchen staring at the two vampires, "I need your help." He mumbled not wanting to be associated with them. The only reason he was still there was because of the girl upstairs, he wouldn't think of stepping foot inside the boarding house if it wasn't for her.

But he had to suck it up. They all did. None of them liked each other, but they all had one thing in common.

Elara.

Upstairs Elara was laying in the bathtub with a hot towel placed on her forehead. Stefan was in her room straightening up things a little bit for her so that she didn't have to.

Under the dark abyss of her eyelids, she sent her brain elsewhere.

"What are you doing?" She giggled as she woke up from her night's sleep, naked underneath the silk sheets. In front of her, the blonde man was sitting in front of an easel with a canvas in front of him.

Each stroke made another detail to the image on the bed in front of his eyes. He smirked behind it as it all came together, "Just capturing perfection."

She arose from the bed taking the sheet with her over to the dresser. She pulled out one of his navy blue shirts, throwing it over her head. He groaned in protest of her actions loving the sight of her in just a sheet.

The sheet fell to the ground with no use for her anymore. She walked behind him getting a look at his artwork. Wrapping her arms over his shoulders she smiled.

"It's missing something," she mumbled against his neck. He hummed in question, placing a chaste kiss on her palm, "what would that be, my love?" He continued to paint in wait.

She stared at the painting for a few more seconds before standing straight laying her hands flat on his shoulders.

"You."

"Ellie, we've got something to tell you, meet us downstairs," Stefan told her from outside of the door. She opened her eyes already forgetting what she just saw, "Okay, I'll be out in a minute."

She huffed removing the towel. She placed her hands over her stomach looking down in the water.

Even though the brunette girl wouldn't admit it, she was scared. In a couple of months, she'd have a baby in her life. A baby to raise on her own. Her innocent baby would never know the joy of having a father in his or her life.

She hated it.

She only blamed herself for that. Maybe if she was better, he'd have stuck around. If she did more he wouldn't have left her pregnant on her own. He wouldn't have left her at all.

Instead, it was just the two of them.

The two of them against the cruel world.