𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟲, BABY

𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦?

KLAUS SPENT THE ENTIRE night sitting at Elara's bedside holding her hand and just waiting and watching

It's been too long.

She should be up by now.

But she's not.

He knew that there was a way for him to still see and talk to her but if he had to be honest with himself, he couldn't do it.

It was selfish and he knew that. Elara needed him and he couldn't do it because of his own selfish reasons.

He still hadn't checked on his son. His premature newborn son barely ready to be in the world.

Hayley wanted to go and see him on her way out, but he wouldn't let her. No one else should see him if Elara couldn't. It wouldn't be right.

Again her own child was ripped away from her and Klaus wasn't letting it happen all over again.

He would check on his son. Klaus just couldn't figure out when.

And then he had a thought.

Elara would've told him already what to do. Get his ass up and man up for their son. All he has to do is let himself have it.

His only fear was that if he went in he would never come back. Why should he? Elara is gone and his son is in the same state. Why did he have to come back to fight these stupid family battles?

"Brother?"

Elijah's soft call from the door broke his mind. Klaus loosened his hold on Elara, shame filling his body when he saw Elijah holding his daughter.

Hope.

That's what he had.

"She cried the whole night for you both," Elijah adjusted Hope on his hip.

Hope hadn't slept all night. Her nose was red and puffy from all of the crying she'd done until this point. The drowsiness in her eyes made it obvious that she was fighting her sleep.

Whenever they thought Hope had finally given in and slept she's start screaming again.

"She could use a nap," Elijah made his way around the room, dropping the diaper bag on one of the empty seats. He looked back at his brother who was staring hopelessly at his wife. "You could use one too."

"I don't need sleep, Elijah."

"But you could take it."

Klaus ignored him and looked back at his daughter. "She shouldn't be here." Hope didn't need to see the woman she needed the most in this state.

Elijah bent down to let Hope walk. Hope steadied herself and looked around the room before she let her wobbly legs carry her to her father with open arms.