𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮, RAIN FEVER

𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥

RAIN. THE COLD, WET RAIN. Elara loved the rain. She always had. It brought comfort to her for some odd reason. She could sit for hours on her windowsill watching the water droplets fall down the glass.

She loved the quiet days when she could just sit and listen to the rain. To others, it was gloomy and ruined all plans, but to her, it was warmth and comfort.

It was a chance to just think.

Elara sat at the bay window downstairs inside of the Salvatore house watching the rain. Her knees were tucked up to her chest, and her chin rested on her kneecaps as she stared out the window.

She listened to the rushing sound of the rain splattering into the concrete. It was pouring rain, no one was out in this weather.

"We might know something," Damon spoke up after they told the girl that they might have a lead on her family, and she just ignored them. It wasn't that she didn't care, it was just that she didn't believe anything that came from the original's mouth.

She knew he couldn't know them, they were ghosts. Last week she spoke to Hayley who had tracked them to Louisiana, but she didn't find anything. So for Klaus to say the same, she didn't know what to believe.

Either it's a lie and he's playing some sort of game, or he was telling the truth and they weren't looking in the right place.

She sighed turning to face the group of people beside her, "And I hear that, but, no offense, I don't trust him." She eyed the blonde man. She didn't say it in a mean tone, but it left him with an ache.

He hasn't heard her talk bad about him in so long it felt like hell.

But he had to keep up the act, she didn't know anything. He nodded his head understandably, "I assure you, I speak nothing, but the truth." He fought every nerve in his body to stay away from any pet names.

Elara turned to her friends who seemed to believe what Klaus was saying.

"Say you're not lying. How come Hayley hasn't found them?" She looked at him questionably and Klaus didn't know the answer to that. He hasn't been there in over a centuries.

"They're well equipped to their environment. If needed they could disappear." He told her only the facts of what he did know from the time he was there. It wasn't much, but it was enough.

Elara turned back to the window staring at one single drop keeping her eyes on it, "And if I believe you? What of my baby." She kept her eyes on the droplet meeting his figure from the reflection of the glass.

"He's already promised yours and the baby's safety. You'd be back soon." Elena reassured her. What Elara didn't get was why they were so ready to trust him? Why they were okay with putting life into his hands.